4' Lift with 33's...WHAT THE HECK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

4\' Lift with 33\'s...WHAT THE HECK

Ok, is it just me or does running 33's with a 4' lift seem a little pointless? It seems like every time I turn around there is another F-150 or Bronco runnig this setup and I just don't understand it. What reaaly did it for me is when Four Wheeler put this setup on thier project F-150... [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I guess the reason I am saying all this is becuase right now I am running 33x12.50 Mud Terrains with 15x8 wheels with nothig but leveling coils. Not only does the truck look pretty good, there is PLENTY of clearance. I am just debating weather or not to run the 35's with a 4' lift since my truck can obviously handle 33's with no prob. Could my truck just be "big boned" and taking the larger tires better than most? Ill give a link to my SuperFord page which I will update with the new pics of the truck. Tell me what yall think

Truck with 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Re: 4\' Lift with 33\'s...WHAT THE HECK

Ok, the link works, so yall check it out.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Old Hand

I think the truck looks awsome with the 2" and 33s. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Do they rub the radius arms at full lock with the 8" wheels?
I think its dumb to put small tires with a big lift. I ran 35s with a body lift on an 83 f150. fit fine. You could probally fit 35s with a 2" bodylift ontop of the level coils.
How did your springs ride? I had some on my ranger and i took them off & put spacers on b/c they were too stiff. I thik tehy were for a plow theough. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

They rub at full lock, yes, and when going over speedbumps and stuff.

The springs are AWESOME...made such a ride quality difference. People say brand makes all the difference in the world...Rancho makes a good product.

Thanks for the feedback. Ive been batling myself for months on whether or not to lift the truck. Ill porlly go with the 4' and 35's now
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Today I saw another truck...4' suspension and 3' body running 38's. If he can run 38's with the extra body lift I dont see why I couldnt run 35's with just the suspension. So many choices....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Old Hand

35s might fit, Im sure they will tag the radius arms at lock a little more but that wont hurt anything. You could just shim out or trim the bumper a little for more clearance too.
Did u change the shocks when u did the lift too? I had to rigg up a mount for my truck for the shocks for them to fit right.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 07:26 PM

I had 33's on a 4" Rancho lift. I loved it. The thing was for me not if the tires could fit but additional ground clearance under the truck. Better departure/approach angle and things like this. That and I thought it looked great. I remember clearing obstacles that I couldn't before the lift under my rocker pannels. Or just barely hitting the sliders. I miss the setup alot. I got to get my junk done so I can wheel again. [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ran 35's on mine with a 4" lift for a couple of years. The only rubbing I got was at full lock, I hust adjusted the steering stops, and backing up a hill with the wheels turned it would hit the bumper, I didn't space it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1400161-lift35.jpg (44.1 KB, 34 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 PM

There will always be rubbing at full lock with the 33's and the 35's unless you get some of those bling bling bent arms built to clear the tires. I think Rancho's kits comes with such arms now. 4" lift will clear 35's. So will fender cutting. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 07:13 PM

I have a 1980 Bronco, no lift, no leveling springs, 33x12.50 on 15x10's, no rub at all..not even at full lock.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

P.S. I know this is a very old post, but I haven't been on here in months..so I'm reading up..had to add my info on the lift/tire issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode