front end problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

front end problems

I've been having some problems with my bronco for quite some time. When I drive down the road it will pull to the left, then after I change to the right lane, or make a right turn, it will start to pull to the right. It's very inconsistent. Makes driving down the freeway a pain. My steering is also very sloppy. Within the past 15,000 or so I've replaced... steering box, pitman arm, all tie rods and ends, ball joints, tires, wheel bearings, radius arm bushings, shocks, springs. Pretty much everything but the axle pivot bushings. Thats my next move. I can't seem to find where the problem is, and I can't find anyone else with the same problem. All I want is for my truck to drive straight and smooth. I'm moving to south carolina this weekend and I need to get it done before I try and drive all the way there loaded down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 PM
curtcon

Re: front end problems

I don't know what the problem is but I have the same problem first it was the stearing box then the tierod ends then the ball joints know the radius arms. Still nothing. If you find out let me know even though I'm getting rid of the truck I would like to know.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Well, I replaced my axle pivot bushings, and installed superlift adjustable upper ball joint bushings, and it feels much better. Still not as tight as I'd like it, but it was good enough to make the 700 mile drive to south carolina. The only thing that I haven't replaced now is the actualy steering colum and power steering pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 04:22 PM

Have you tried just aligning the truck? I'm sure it was mandatory with the new balljoints and all, but just wondering since youd didnt include it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Ive had counless alignments in there, every time front end work was done. Has anyone ever experienced any play in the steering shaft anywhere?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:13 AM

Man. You spent alot on your TTB. Probably could have done a D44 SAS with all the money you spent.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Old Hand

Isnt there a rubber rag joint or something like that in the steering shaft? I remember reading about it in a magazine a couple years ago that could make the steering scary.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
curtcon

when the truck pulls to the right or left do you have to stear past center to correct the problem and does it just seam to jerk back strait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode