its really cold - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
mikey v

its really cold

ever sience i bought my bronco my heat and defrost worked but 2 days ago it stop working (and of all days too cause it was 6 degrees out and i had frost all over the windows). i dont know what is wrong its not evenblowing cold air. I think that it might be my fuse boxs cause that is very very rusty but i dont know why all of the sudden it stop working. If anyone has any tips onhow to determine if i need a new belt, motor or anyting and also how to fix it the problem. hope i getsome respons and some easy tips to fix the problem cause were expecting lke 7 inches here and its soooooo cold thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 06:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: its really cold

Your blower motor is located on the passenger side under the hood, it is a round looking thing sticking out from the firewall. The first thing I would do is unplug the wires to it, and turn on the system, then check for voltage using a voltemeter, this will determine if the motor is even getting power. If it is getting power your motor is probably burnt out. If it is not getting power it could be a fuse, which sounds likely due to all the rust you mentioned...good luck...Let us know what you find.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:00 PM
mikey v

well i figgured the problem out it is deffently my fuse box. after bout 10 minutes of moving the fuse for the heat around it finally statred to blow air and long behold it got hot soo i deffenly got to replace the fuse box but thatnks for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 11:08 PM

Dip your fuse box in a pan of water and baking soda

Sixlitre
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dip your fuse box in a pan of water and baking soda

Sixlitre

[/ QUOTE ]
I love Science! [img]images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode