1 of my 79s stalling after 30 min - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
2big79s

1 of my 79s stalling after 30 min

it runs 30 mins then stalls i replaced coil, soilnoid,starter,ignition modual but from what im reading it could still b abad module got from advance please help tired of buying parts that don't solve the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 12:15 AM

Re: 1 of my 79s stalling after 30 min

Is there an ignition fuse? If there is then check that. It sounds like something is getting hot and disconnecting your current.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 08:26 PM

After it stalls if you crank it are you still getting spark? To check it take an old spark plug pull one of your wires off and stick the old plug in and ground it against somthing under the hood, have somone crank it and watch the plug gap for a spark(this beats the hell out of shocking the crap out of yourself like most people do to check for spark) if its getting a spark still i'd suspect vapor lock or perhaps a fuel line/filter/pump problem. I ran through teh same problems on my 76 and after lots of parts and messing with it the only thing i could do to solve it was replace the pump with an electric. THe mechanical pump would loose prime for some reason even though the lines were new the pump was new the filter was new and the pickup was new in the tank. As i said verify if you are loosing spark or not and you can narrow this down. Alot of carb/fuel problems are improperly diagnosed as ignition problems and vise versa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 09:39 AM
2big79s

thanks for reply, getting fuel, fuel pumps fine replaced that too. sparks fine i still think its the module got a bad one. thanks for the help, i'll try some of those ideas and let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode