What can I put on? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Buckshot150

What can I put on?

I have a 1996 Ford F150 with a 3 inch body lift. I have 32x11.5 Maxxis Buckshot tires on it right now. If I were to get a 4 inch suspension lift; What size tire could I put on? I normally see 33x12.5s everywhere, but that's normally without a body lift also. So I was just wondering. [img]images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:54 PM

Re: What can I put on?

Are you combining the suspension and body lift? If so, I know someone running 36's and there is plenty of room for 37's. I would DEFF. suggest regearing though.

If you are just running the 4" kit, 35x12.50's look good- fills out the wheel wells alot better that 33's do.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Buckshot150

[ QUOTE ]
Are you combining the suspension and body lift? If so, I know someone running 36's and there is plenty of room for 37's. I would DEFF. suggest regearing though.

If you are just running the 4" kit, 35x12.50's look good- fills out the wheel wells alot better that 33's do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm going to use the body lift with the suspension lift. That person you know aint using a 4 inch suspension with a 3 inch body with 36's are they? If so, then maybe I'll think bigger, I was just thinking about some 35's. I'm just not real big on knowing what'll fit. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:26 PM

Yea, he has a 95' F-150 and he has a 3" PA body lift and a 4" Rancho system. Clears 36's easy.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Buckshot150

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, he has a 95' F-150 and he has a 3" PA body lift and a 4" Rancho system. Clears 36's easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome. Looks like I'll be shopping for some 36's and a 4 inch now. Thanks dude. [img]images/graemlins/bow.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 04:13 AM

Consider that 36's on stock axles can cause problems if you actually 4-wheel with it instead of just drive around looking cool... Somthing to consider.. I wouldn't go over a 33" tire on stock 1/2 ton axles and still go out and play.. Been there done that broke lots of shi*! Expecialy on older 1/2 ton chevys.. Can get away with it with the pre-80 f-150's since you have a 9" in the back and a solid d-44 in the front but i wouldn't get to crazy with an 8.8/ttb setup..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Buckshot150

I'm not big on going nuts in the woods. I've seen what my brother's went through with their trucks by going crazy in the woods, lakes, and everything else you'd be crazy to go in. It'll be more of a look thing, I like trail riding, but I keep rooting to a minimum. Also how do you know what kind of axles you have? I'm new into the whole 'truck world.' I used to be a hardcore import car person and the I got my truck and flew away from that real quick. So I'd appreciate it if y'all could help with all that. [img]images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/buckshot150
^If y'all click that then you can check my truck out. I'd like to know what y'all think about it. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:09 PM

On the contrary, he ran that truck on the Dixie Run through upper and lower Tellico with no problems at all. No lockers and stock gears...gave no trouble in 4-lo.

Thats a clean looking truck. Glad to see it has the manual trasfer case. First thing I would do, put on Warn premium locking hubs and get rid of those manuals.

Glad to see we won another one away from the sport compact world [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode