Need some input.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Need some input..

Found an 87' bronco with a H.0. 351w 4v a c/6 3.55 gears, manual hubs, stock suspension, 31x10.50 at's ac/cruise/power everything descent interior descent body $1500. Seriously thinking about it seems like a hell of a good start considering that hardware. I didn't know that they put carb'd motors in any of the 87/91's I've seen EFI on 85's but never a carb on one this new or a NON overdrive tranny, Special order? Would this thing be a total gas hog being carb'd with no overdrive? Would i be better off keeping my eye open for an EFI bronco? Also what kind of power output did the 4v 351w H.O. have? Every bronco i see in comparable condition brings $4000+ so it seems like a good price of course i have my wife telling me 'thats old and will sit around broke down all the time.......'
[img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 03:37 AM
curtcon

Re: Need some input..

I would jump all over it. I guess you have to ask your self one question do you want something you know just about everything about or do I want something that is low mantainance but with alot of sensors. Its got a C-6 which is great and good body at a great price and something you can work on easy.

(sorry if this makes no sense I just got back from the bar and I'm drunk and need to go to bed) [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Its only got 114k on it too... I think its a good start for a build but got to convince the wife.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 04:25 PM
curtcon

good luck with that.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 10:14 PM

Hello,

My 87 4X2 had an EFI 5.0? I'm not nearly as drunk and in the morning I can drive out and pull it home on only a tow strap! It's only to Connecticut; you can tell you've not had too much to drink if you can spell my state correctly in posts.

Honestly and seriously, if I found a Bronco that was clean, solid and "looked" as good, as this seems to feel to you I'd pull the trigger, especially for $1500. I myself am casually looking and to find what you have found and I would jump first and explain to the wife later.

You know what would rock? To see the post we are replying to at the bottom of the screen. That would help those of us who for reasons, barley and hops beverage induced or otherwise, become distracted or absent minded in long winded replys. Hell, even a preview post feature would be cool! [img]images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Veteran

Ford didn`t inject the 5.8L till 88. 87 5.8-4bbl had [email protected] 3600rpm & 305lbs. torque @ 2800rpm. Dont sound exciting by todays standards, but the mid 80s , its not out of line with any of the other big 3s motors.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

It seemed alot stronger than the speed density EFI 302's. But deffinately not as strong as a mass air 351w... deffinately smacks a 302 around.. otherwise thats pretty lame.... Wonder what an edelbrock performer intake/cam/carb a set of headers and 3" duals with an H-Pipe and 2 chamber flowmasters with no cats would do for one... I am sure the smog pump,cats and funky egr holley aren't helping anything. Be nice if you could get one to behave like the newer magnum 360's.......sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode