No idea what this has to do with wheelin' - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 08:32 AM
birddog1721

No idea what this has to do with wheelin\'

The war in Iraq is evidentl pointless. The fact that all of the troops are over there and no one is here to protect us from futher attacks. Back here we hear nothing about the war except about soldiers dying, but nothing about progress. The war is actually tied to everything thats going wrong in America.
Such as the war has made many Americans afraid of another attack, because these terror threat levels that the nation has set to let us know how aware we should be. Many american agree that these threat level cause us to do nothing but be scared all day while out doing our activities or at work. Debt is also another problem caused by the war in Iraq, the cost for shipping soldiers, machines, ammo, and other things is outrageous. The country is using the money that should be yours to pay for this war. The fatherless families is another thing effeected by the war. The war has called in alot of troops fro duty and that take father way from families. Children without a father tend to grow up and be criminals becuase they have no father to dicpiline them. The soldiers should not be over there fighting a war that they people we are trying to help dont want our help. They shouldnt be over there fighting a pointless war. Most people say that there just over there defending our country but why are they over there defendeing our country when they cannot defend themselves? Thousands of soldiers have died in Iraq from terrorist attacks to countless mistakes.
Most people like me dont understand that if we went over there to fight osama bin laden in Afganistan the how did we end up in iraq? We went over there fighting our own war then got sucked into another. I never heard the cry for world police and i dont think anyone else did either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 01:30 PM

I have no idea why you are bringing this up..

But why don't you ask somone that has actually fought over there if they think its pointless? I know and work with several people that are in the guard and reserve and have fought in iraq, afganistan, dessert storm, bosnia etc. Anyone that has been to iraq will tell you that we are fighting for a just cause. We ridded a country of a tyrant who was just as bad as adolph hitler and more dangerous on the long term. So i guess its not right that the people of iraq will have rights and be able to vote now? I guess its not right that they don't have a guy that kills and tortures thousands of his own people for fun and games? The iraq war was botched the first time because we didn't take out sudam and look what happened next? Sudams sons where probably even more of a threat than sudam himself now we don't have to worry about them. As for us not having enough people over here to defend the usa thats bullshi* because you do not realize how many troops we actually have. I am not scared of getting killed be terrorists. I do no fear to go to work. I am glad that we have our people fighting to restore human rights and free the world of tyrants like Sudamm and Ben laden, Furthermore it pisses me off when i hear this un-american bullshi* about us fighting a pointless war. If thats what you think why don't you go live over there for a year and see how much you like it! Furthermore as for kids loosing there dads over there in combat guess what? Thats somthing you should be prepared for if your family member is in ther service. I don't care if we are at peace or not The Military is alot more high-risk than flipping burgers. I think its discraceful and disrespectful to the guys and girls over there risking there lives to say they are doing it for no reason. And another thing most the people in Iraq DO want our help. It's the handfull of suporters Sudaam has left that strap a bomb to themself and go blow shi* up. Yes we have lost people in this war but not as many as the ones we have fought in the past. We lost more people do to our own technical errors in veitnam than we have in iraq. The technologie is so much better these days to help protect our soldiers. Anyway enough of this! If you want to rant about somthing that has nothing to do with this forrum do it somwhere else! Furthermore if you want to rant about somthing that you have no clue about and makes you look like a stupid un-american jackas* and this country is so bad for you then move to Iraq...Better yet afganistan You will really enjoy it over there. If you are lucky maybe you can find a dry cave to live in.......Hey lots of sand to go 4-wheeling... That is if you don't run over a land mine...get shot at....or can find gasoline over there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:11 PM

Re: I have no idea why you are bringing this up..

Seriously dude, cry me a river. You have no idea what it's actualy like over there. The soldiers that come back from service there, from what I have heard, have a great sense of pride from what they do over there. Have you ever thought that the reason you hear so much negative feedback from Iraq on the news is becuase this country has such a damn liberal, democratic media? Try watching FoxNews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Why call the police on the meth lab nex door? It takes your time away from other things, makes people mad, your neighbors might happen to like his meth and when you are done you could get killed by the guy if the police screw it up when arresting him........

Bush is doing what Clinton failed to do. Clinton promised retaliation for the four or five bombings we had on his watch but did nothing. Bush made a point "Get them before they get us".

Coming from a two conflict vet I say stuff it. I did my time for the service...12 years worth. You the childless have served how long to help the fathers of the fatherless?

I wish the complainers of the USA would make good on what most have threatened...and move out.

I have lived or been to Africa, Italy, Germany, Sicily, France, Mexico, etc. We have it good because we in the past have fought "Pointless Wars".
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:27 PM

I'm going to wait a second to cool down before I begin the to respond to you, Birddog, or else I'll probably give myself an aneurysm. Well said, Jacob. Perspective is everything, Birddog, hopefully you'll figure that out as you get older, wiser. If you haven't served or aren't fortunate enough to have veteran friends/family then you lack the perspective to comment intelligently about what it is to serve or the impact service has on one's family. Go ask the family of a servicemember who has died if they regret their loved one's sacrifice. They'll tell you they wish he/she had not died, but they will also tell you that they couldn't be more proud. And as for your assine statement about the children of fallen heros growing up to become criminals. I believe if you had put a little more thought into your statement you might have realized that single parent families resulting from a fallen servicemember account for probably about 1% of the total number of single parent families in America. And then you should consider what an awesome example that fallen father/mother set for the children they left behind. Self-less service to the greater good. Would you prefer their father/mother be a crackhead or an amoral, deadbeat "player"?! It never ceases to amaze me how liberals, especially the media, want to throw up images of "victims" from all over the world, then want us all to throw money at the cause of their strife, Alot of times force is required to alleviate their suffering, but if a president has the balls to use that necessary force you guys want to criticize him for trying be "world police" Jacob is exactly exactly right in saying that the people over in Iraq DO want us there. There is a need for our presence. I once was angry because I thought I was being deployed to Kosovo simply to divert attention away from the fact that my then commander-in-chief was getting serviced under the oval office desk by an aid. However, once I got in country, I realized the incredible need that war-torn country had for the presence of a military might capable of snuffing out the evil that was taking place there. As for you being afraid to go to work, I submit that you need to pick a rifle and man a post. You sound as though you're in dire need of a challenge in your life that forces you to buck up, little camper. And yes, we should fight the war on terror overseas. Would you prefer to wait until they attack us again over here?! I reckon you would just stay in bed and tell your mommy that you don't feel like going to school that day, huh?! If you find yourself offended by my response then you should have put more thought into the possible reprecussions to your post. But again, you lack perspective. Unfortunately for all of us, you do not hold a monopoly on such ignorance. People in far more influential positions than a student with access to an internet bulletin board on off-roading share your opinion.

Whew....where's my copenhagen. Honey, get me a beer, would ya! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 PM

DAMN SKIPPY

Until you serve and see what it's like you are not entitled to an opinion on this subject. I think most people would agree with me. Most poeple who complain so much would be the last in line to do soemthing to change things.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:35 PM

In the time it took me to write my initial reply, I see that others have spoken up as well. Now that I think about it, 96% of this great nation's citizenry have never served in any branch of the military. Sadly, that means only 4% of us even know what the hell we're talking about. Jacob, GT, Havack, Norm, and anyone else with a clue....nice to have you around.

-Scott [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 PM

I agree totaly. While I am still a student and havn't served in the military, I know that I won't give negative feedback on a subject I havn't had a first hand expirience in. When you think about it, how many veterans do you hear bad mouthing Bush and the war? Most are sissy, sit at homers who have nothing better to do than criticize.

If it weren't for these so called "pointless wars", some of the greatest places on Earth wouldn't be as great as they are today.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:04 PM
curtcon

Re: No idea what this has to do with wheelin\'

Not much left to say every one else pretty much covered it.

Well I guess we don't have to guess who you voted for. Imagine what life would be like if we left Hitler alone and didn't get into a "pointless war" that wasn't are war to fight. I bet you would be singing a diferent tune. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 AM

Re: No idea what this has to do with wheelin\'

Amen Amen Amean brothers! I Have friends and family fighting in this war and am damn proud to know them! Piss's me off to hear this bush bashine BS from people that watch to much cnn. I myself have never never served. My life took a diffrent path but as I said many close family members and friends have and i have the utmost respect for those who serve our country. I am damn glad we finally have a president that has enough balls to tell the UN to go to hell and go ahead and do the right thing!! Its the liberal's and the liberal news media and the liberal thinking that got us in the mess we are in today with terrorists. We are finaly trying to stop this stuff before it gets to us. About time!!! Why did we ever let a bunch of people over here that hate america,americans and believe that god(ohh i am sorry to offend 'alah') will grant them a high place if they die killing inocent americans because we believe in freedom and doing the right thing. Are we forcing the american way on the middle eastern people? Damn right! Whats so wrong with the american way anyway?? Whats wrong with everyone having the right to vote, go to church have a job own a house and live safe and without fear? Absolutely nothing! Its people like the islamic radicals that abuse the rights of freedom to commit terrorist acts against us. If you ask me is it just 'you have it good so we hate you!' ?? I don't know probably never will but untill then lets continue doing the right thing and ridding the world of the most worthless low life garbage to ever walk on two legs, who don't care about the inocent people they kill to try to get what they want. Ohh and by the way for you liberals who think i am bashing everyone in the middle east since you all seem to jump to conclusions I am refering to 'T E R R O R I S T S'

Enough said.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode