Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   skyjacker lift kits (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/204072-skyjacker-lift-kits.html)

Youngy 01-25-2005 10:10 PM

skyjacker lift kits

Gidday, long time no post. A company out here is offering the "skyjacker lift kits". I haven't heard of them before so I thought I would see if any of you had any experience with these kits.
Be looking forward to your replies.

P.S. The picture is of my 1999 xh falcon ute. I doubt if any of you have seem one of these before.
Youngy [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Youngy 01-25-2005 10:15 PM

Re: skyjacker lift kits

Sorry, the picture I am refering to is under my description. Could someone please tell me why my title is stranger?
Youngy [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

curtcon 01-26-2005 11:42 AM

I'm buying a skyjacker lift kit a guy at my work said that they are one of the first lift kit companies.

GTRider245 01-26-2005 04:14 PM

Hopefuly this is a real Skyjacker kit you are talking about, and not a generic rip off. If so, yes Skyjacker kits are of high qaulity and are worth the money you pay for them. I would also look at Rancho. What vehicle will this lift be going on?

Youngy 01-26-2005 05:03 PM

My plans are to put it on a 1981 Bronco. These skyjackers are supposed to be made in Australia but licensed under the name of skyjacker through the parent company in the U.S.
Youngy

NOMO OFFROAD 01-27-2005 10:54 PM

do you guys have lift laws there? Just intersted about it?
as far as skyjacker goes they do make a quality product but for the bling bling i would go with a superlift with the super runner steering to eliminate the poor steering geo. The super runner kit changes the flying y to a center link style like a gm so that you do not get the accel tire wear from constant change in toe angle as the susp cycles

figgy78 01-31-2005 05:19 PM

i had a 9" skyjacker on my old 79 f150 and i loved it i rode like a dream car [img]images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]!!! I just recently got another 79 and I am going to buy another 9" kit from them if i can't find a used one anywhere!
there website should tell you locations of dealers near you at www.skyjacker.com hope all the info helps you in your quest for height! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

havack 02-01-2005 11:46 AM

You are listed as a stranger because you only have a few posts...I think it changes at like 50 posts, to member

curtcon 02-01-2005 03:30 PM

I was wondering myself Thank You

Youngy 02-01-2005 06:40 PM

Gidday, not too sure about restrictions on lifts but insurance is where they hit you. Though I did have trouble registering my bronco because it had 33 inch tyres, not the standard ones. Modifying has become a lot tougher over the years. Now they just about what engineers certificates for everything.
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Youngy