New throttle body...which one and how big? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

New throttle body...which one and how big?

I'm looking into a new throttle body, probably a BBK. The question is, which milimeter. I see that they come in 54 and 61 milimeter sizes. What is the major difference in the two? Which would be more practical for a daily driver/occasional offorader?

The second question is, would a new throttle body be compatable with a cold air intake, like a K&N FIPK? Im pretty sure that if possible I would d both at the same time.

Last question, anyone who has done a lift, what did you pay to have it installed? I want the Rancho 4" with larger radius arms. I'm pretty sure that i could get the parts for around $1000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
curtcon

Re: New throttle body...which one and how big?

I havent put my lift in yet but they gave me an estimate of $500 with new arms and leaf springs. But they said it could be more depending on how it all came apart and if enything else had to be replaced. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Ok is that $500 or $5000? If it's 500 installed I'll drive to Michigan to get it done....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:40 PM
curtcon

Thats $500 but that was me buying the kit. The kit I priced out is $1170 Skyjacker 6" with new extended arms and leaf springs without shocks.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

The kit I'm looking at is around 1000 for parts and they wanted like another 1000 to install it. 500 is great for installation on a TTB kit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:15 PM
curtcon

WOW to bad you live so far from michigan. The kit I'm getting thru my work and saving like $200 and it is going to be put on be a guy next to my work that builds dune buggies.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:53 AM
erik

Which venturidiameter? Small diameter and the torque will be at a higher rev, higher flowspeed. In that case the bigger must be better for a V8. Check so you don't oversize for your cui. As you might know it's differences between fabricates. As Smokey Yunick said, a 390 Carter was better than a 650 Holley.

Erik
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Priced it up today. $1800 if I pay cash, which I will. rancho 4" kit, 5000's, steering stabilizer, radius arms, rear springs and alignment. Figure that's a pretty good price.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
curtcon

Yaeh Sounds like a good price. I wanted rancho but I cant find a 6" lift from rancho I guess they don't make one for TTB fords.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode