Haltec or similar - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 03:22 PM
erik

Haltec or similar

If I electronically will disable the EEC-IV it's possible with a hardware which is quite expensive. I'm told from a deTomaso guy that the hardware isn't easy to handle. I had problems with my emission equipment, so I took it away. That wasn't good for the mileage because of some service loop.
I want a computer which I can link to a PC, and I want to choose the emission parts.
Anyone who have tried Haltec or similar? I don't want to spend a whole bucket of money.

Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 07:50 PM

Re: Haltec or similar

Erik

Congrats on hitting the mileage you have with the old girl.

The EGR circuit is the one you want to make good again, it's the mileage killer if it isn't working.

Don't know that system you mention, but Fireguy swears by Tweecer.

Sixlitre
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
erik

Yes, the EGR circuit is the only part I have to replace. In my country we have to show the vehicle once a year, testing safety. I don't know how it's in the US. They told me to replace the EGR, not for function, but for rules(right word?). I don't have to connect it. The vacumlines isn't left.
The EGR is link to the heads on the backside. The wholes where full of coal. The EGR does harm to the intakesurface too.
I had forgotten, Tweecer. I have learned not to buy it from deTomaso people.
When I bought the car, the mileage was extremely good. Much better than my Cherokee V8. But, the car is getting old and I don't want to make it much more expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:01 PM
curtcon

Hi, you know pepole that work on the deTomaso pantera. I herd they still make them today. I got my cleveland out of one. Would it be posible to send me some pictures. I have always wanted a pantera. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:11 PM

Yeah Panteras were cool

but they rusted off the planet faster than an early 70s ricer

Sixlitre
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
erik

About the Pantera, I don't have any pictures. The Pantera wasn't mine and the guy doesn't live near my place.
A guy from the place where I lived before has made an performance car of his Pantera. I don't like his design but the sound. As I am told it should be around 700 horses behind drivers seat. That is cool.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
curtcon

Wow sounds like a nice car. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode