What do you think it's worth?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

What do you think it\'s worth??

Ok folks, sadly the time has come for me to be sensible and sell my truck and get a newer one with less miles. The question is what do I sell it for. Kelly Blue Book gave me a value that is $2000 below the reg asking price for the truck, so to hell with them.

1992 Ford F-150 4x4
Reg. Cab, short bed, XLT
302, K&N filter
5 spd manual
All original running gear
126,000 miles
Other things, such as CB, winch mount, hitch, radio, speakers, lift coils, wheels and tires, etc.

NEW SINCE I'VE HAD THE TRUCK
Water pump, hoses, thermostat, timing cover
Alternator(85 amp), optima red top
Clutch, all clutch hydrualics
getting brand new brakes and rear axle service
Oil change every 4,000 miles, Mobil 1 synthetic

truck runs good, plenty of power. only thing wrong is transfer case will not go in 4-lo, probably a bent shift fork.

Im looking to get a 98-00 F-150 4x4 for a round $7500
Im looking to sell this truck for between 4700 and $5000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:37 PM

Re: What do you think it\'s worth??

You will never find a 98/00 for that price unlesss its a v6 with 160k+ and ragged out.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:12 AM

I sold my '93 Bronco which was in top shape for $4500, a year ago. For a good pricing, go to www.edmunds.com and price it. The only positive adjustment you might can make is for the lift if it is a full suspension type but you must make a steep negative adjustment for the T-Case...

Basically as I looked it up, your truck is worth $4800 in perfect condition, stock, dealer price. Minus about $700 for a T-case (parts, labor, the trouble of dealing with it...) and add about $300 for a full suspension lift, nothing if it is just new cils or a body lift....so in High hopes the DEALER might would get about $4500 for it. You can expect about $3500 for it. Private sales are often way short of the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Why do you think the newer truck will be more sensible?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 03:07 AM

If i had that setup myself i wouldn't be looking for a new truck unless mine was just worn out. I am 4x4-less so i might as well get an extended cab. and If i am goingto get an extended cab I might as well get a 3 or 4 door... and if i want financing i need a 99 or newer with good miles hence thats why i myself am looking for a newer truck.. In your case sounds like your not to bad off with what you have. Unless room is an issue and you need an ext cab. Your not going to like the 4.6 and 5.4 triton engine. The 4.6 has less power than your 302 and the 5.4 doesen't have very much more.. Plus you have IFS in the front so lifting is going to cost a fortune....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode