stupid question on fule filter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

stupid question on fule filter

alright i have a 86 F-150 2wd and its been running slugish so a friend said that happen to his truck and replaced the fule filter and it ran a lot better. well i cant find the fule filter. where is the fule filter located at? i feel stupid asking this qestion but i jut cant find it. i have changed like 3 filters but those were on jeeps and those are easy to find lol thanks for any help.
Thanks
-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:19 PM

Re: stupid question on fule filter

Do you have the 5.0 or the 5.8 litre motor? All I can say is follow the fuel line all the way from the carb if it's the 351W to the tank. If you still can't find one then you may have figured out your problem. Only thing to do then is to pull and clean the carb and install a filter this time. I think with some duel tank jobbers it may be in the frame rail.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Sorry i forgot to say, its a 5.0, eletronic fuel injected, duel tanks. and i looked on the frame and still couldnt find what i was looking for. [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:59 PM

It's right under your a$$ lad

Jump out and climb under. It's on the inside of the frame rail and looks like a 3" wide black plastic jar lid.

This is the filter for it;

You undo the lid slowly, watching our eyes (over 40 psi comin' at you) with a drain pan under it. You'll loose a cup or so of gas, unless you leave the ignition on, then you'll get an ethyl shower !

Use an old dry tooth brush to clean out the jar lid threads and the threads on the housing. Replace the O-ring and put it together dry and tight, but DO NOT overtighten.

Sixlitre
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

thanks Sixlitre, that helped alot. i was lookin for a fule filter type that goes into a jeep or something like that.and that right there in the pic is totally diffrent form what im was looking for. still reather drive and work on my jeep. but i have to get this truck fix (till i get all the part needed to replace the tranny in my jeep) so i have somthing to drive to school.
THANKS AGAIN [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:51 PM

Glad to help out

can't help you on your Jeep problem, maybe there's a 12 step program (Just kidding).

Actually I'm a Mopar car guy, but the choice was clear when it came time for a truck for the Arctic (where I took it for our first two years together); Ford, Ford or Ford.

I wanted a tough rugged truck , so a poser truck from GM was out, and I couldn't afford a Ram, so the choice was clear.

I never even considered a Jeep as I'm a big guy and I didn't want to freeze to death.

There's a reason 95% of the trucks up there are Ford !

BIG BTW

If you don't see that filter on the shelves at Walmart, go up to the service/oil change area with that Fram part number and they'll sell you one out of their garage stock.

Good luck with your Ford and hey it's your money with the Jeep (har har)

Sixlitre [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode