transmission temperature gauge - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

transmission temperature gauge

So I installed a tranny temp guage a while back and decided to put the sending unit (temp reader) in the pan. It seemed like an ok idea at the time but I know realize it is a fairly innacurate reading and want to change it. I realize the ideal place for it would be in line with the output line from the pump (the one going to the cooler) I have an auxilary cooler with rubber hoses going into it. So my question is does anyone know of a tempterature sending unit I can screw into either the metal line from the tranny, or splice into the middle of the rubber line? Or if anyone has done it any other ways that input would help too. I have looked all over the internet for this type of piece I can splice in to the line and have come up with nothing. Thanks for any input. Its a 90 Bronco with a E40D by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Re: transmission temperature gauge

Here's the $20 solution to your dilema;

Plus you'll get a remote filter for your super expensive transmission out of the deal.

The part;

Summit list this remote filter housing under Perma-Cool number 5021 and at $20 it's a lot cheaper than any kit available. I bought it to replace my Fram one because I want to hook up a trans temp gauge.

Read about the rest of the install here;

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=17326#content

Sixlitre
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been considering that as an option, and I suppose it cant hurt to have a remote filter, where did you get the gold input and output fittings and what do you call those? Thanks for the input. Also do you know which line on this transmission is the output and which is the input? Thanks again. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 05:15 PM

A dollar a piece at Princess auto

and they're called barbed nipples. Summit's $34.00 house kit includes them and some hose and clamps (I had all that).

On my AOD the line out of the trans furthest forward is the out line and the one farthest rearward is the in line.

Not only can it not hurt, it can help tranny life unbelieveably !

Sixlitre
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought about what I wanted to do with this and I ended up putting together something for about 15 bucks. It works beautifully and is very responsive to changes. Do you know if the tranny lines (send and return) are the same for the E40D??? I have it hooked up to the one I think is the send, which would be the hottest fluid, but Im not sure...Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1376680-DSC00179.JPG (163.9 KB, 11 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 05:34 PM

I have one that is mounted in the pan it gives me a great reading and i have not had any problems. I also have a $100 200psi gauge for my trany pressure so i can tell exactly what is going on and again no problems there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode