2nd tbbs help with pic - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:07 PM
2broncos

2nd tbbs help with pic

96 bronco xlt 351,d44ttbs,355 ratio,ford 8.8 rear limited slip. 31x10.5x15 M&S.

The right hand axle shaft on front is rubbing against the back of the axle tube. I have replace the radius arm bushings. and compared the major components to a 95 bronco that I also own. Nothing looks like it is bent. I have enclosed pics of the shaft and radius arm and bushings I installed. I replaced bushings by removing radius arm brackets at the frame as it already had bolts in them.
I have thought about measuring the distance from housing end but don't know of a good point to measure from that would give me an accurate reading compared to my 95 bronco any suggestions.

Note:
The grinding noise that I report earlier was caused by manual hub lock. The aluminum outer shell broke that holds the inner sliding sleeves. I had pieces of metal floating in hub. Replaced manual hubs cured problem.

Thanks for any input
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1373800-axle.jpg (18.6 KB, 43 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
BroncoWar

Re: 2nd tbbs help with pic

honestly, the only thing i can think of is that something is bent somewhere along the line, if you only replaced bushings, i would think it should be like a puzzel from there thats not fitting right... maybe im wrong, but thats all i can thing of.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
2broncos

Thanks Broncowar,

I have found some pins sticking down on frame on both broncos. I am going to use these as a measuring point to try and determine if I can find something bent or out of whack. My hope is it is the pivot bushings are bad. But can't see how it would affect it that bad. As soon as wheather is better will get under the trucks and see.

I will report findings as soon as I can.

Thanks all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:51 PM
88fordboy

did you ever find the problem? it looks to me as the problem could lie inthe drivers side since the axle is rubbing the rear sice of the hole in the tube???? not sure though??? it owuld almost have to be something bent? the truck ever been wrecked?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:53 AM

he added it to his original post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode