The slasher strikes again!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

The slasher strikes again!!!

Well, low and behold I awoke early Thursday morning to find that the wonderfull soul who slashed my tires payed me another visit. All four this time, brand spankin new Buckshot Mudders, blue still on the sidewalls. Got a set of 33x12.50 Baja Claws for free, maybe 7,000 miles left in them. They will work till I can catch the SOB that is doing this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: The slasher strikes again!!!

let me know if you find him... i got a rope if you got a tree [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 11:52 PM

What are the cops doin' for you !

You gotta get a concealed video cam pointing at the truck before you can be sure who to pay back properly !

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

All they can do is write reports...since we didnt actualy cath em in the act. I aint relying on the police naymore though. i think that 180 grain 30-06 in the back of the leg... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 11:10 AM

get a video cam like the one habor freight sells there was someone stealing xmas light and such around here and they got them cuz a guy had one on the outside eve took a pretty pic of the guys needless to say went to jail
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 02:29 PM

Can you chalk it up as road hazzard? or insurance?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

insurance would be inpractical...$500 deductible plus the payments would go up, so in the long run it is cheaper just to pay outta pocket.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 01:09 PM

Hey, GT, get you one of those motion-activated "game cameras". You can get one relatively cheap. They do work. We busted the assistant superintendant of our county school board with one. It seems he was fond of spying on a 15 year old female neighbor of his. Her father mounted one of the game cameras near her window by chaining it to a tree. There were 7 wonderful pictures of the perv sneaking up to the window, a shot of a surprised face when the flash went off, and then several close-ups of his face as he tried to get the camera off the tree. As an added bonus, the father strung several trot lines full of treble hooks in the bushes between the tree and the window that provided "physical evidence" as the perv was wearing shorts at the time. Needless to say, he is resigned his position and spent some time in our pokey and now awaits trial for felony peeping tom. Hopefully this will provide you some comedic relief. But a simple 35mm motion-activated camera would probably do the trick. Even if you aren't as fortunate as the aforementioned father, the flash going off would at least let him know you watching and deter any future slashings. I hate that you aren't having any luck with your local popo. If you lived down here, I promise there'd be some extra patrol going on, plus I'd be able to find out in a short time who was responsible. Arseholes like that love to talk about their exploits.

P.S. - Not to pry, but have you upset a member of the fairer sex lately? Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode