Want loud ? You need more midranges ! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Want loud ? You need more midranges !

I'd tried a couple of 10" subs but I listen to hard rock

not that cap backwards thumpin' stuff. For all the low range thump they gave me my rock didn't sound tight or clean, like it should.

I'd always had two 6 1/2" mid range components in the doors;

I liked the kind of clear, crisp sound they cranked out, but disliked the two 10" subs I had as for all their volume it wasn't tight or clean.

Found the solution. Bridged an amp and went to just one 10" sub further back;

Then I stuck two bigger 8" midranges in where the old stock rear seat speakers went;

I had buddies tell me "those enclosures are too small and it won't sound good". Had the last doubter out for a spin tonight and they are eating their words.

These things CRANK to beat the band ! (Rock band that is). I haven't heard (or felt)volume like that since the last time I saw The Who.

I'd often suspected it wasn't bigger or better woofers I needed, but more mid range speakers. This is definately the case. I cannot recommend the placement high enough as that is exactly where you want it.

Check in on this thread in a week or two as I'll be fitting the stock vinyl walls over the speakers so they fit flush with jack showing at all.

Sixlitre (slightly more deaf)
[img]images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 01:30 AM

Re: Want loud ? You need more midranges !

And I thought all you Canuks did was watch hockey and drink Moosehead. JK bro. It looks good. Beats the hell out of what I'm runnin. Hell what I'm runnin isn't even runnin right now. I figured I better get 'er runnin first. lol. Take Care. [img]images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Norm

We like to go deaf too ! Besides Hockey is cancelled due to the strike. To be honest I don't follow hockey much , even though I'm near enough to spend a fortune attending the Senators home games or the Montreal Canadians.

An awful lot of my buddies are going stir crazy though and I can see it affecting our male population. I can heat my garage so I don't really give a flying whatever.

Man your truck is gonna be one sweet trail assault vehicle when you're done. The radio can wait.

Back to painting the crown moulding before the relatives arrive en masse Friday. Hope you have a good one. Wish I could get my hands on one of these wild turkeys that were re-introduced up here !

Sixlitre [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] (Sure like some of these new icons !) Kinda resembles me in the 70s and 80s (and 90s).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 07:17 PM

I'll be gone for awhile following Christmas. The 26'th my Familly (Mom, Dad, inlaws, wife, brother, and aunt) are going to Maui again. Believe it or not I haven't been drinking much either lately. I've been pounding iron and becoming Bigger NORM. lol. Tore my damn rotator cuff though reppin 315 on the bench. It really sucks. I have been feeling strong lately and now I can't work my upper body at all. Take Care buddy. NORM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Good luck and have a great Christmas

That's the way to do Christmas ! Warm weather, no dishes to wash, screw the white Christmas I'm thinking now !

Hope your cuff repairs itself. It so easy to do that when you're getting older. I wrecked my shoulder while at rehab for my leg ! Go figure !

Last time I listen to those bozos !

Sixlitre
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the way to do Christmas ! Warm weather, no dishes to wash, screw the white Christmas I'm thinking now !

[/ QUOTE ]

Deffinately going to be a white Christmas here..
[image]http://www.geocities.com/jacob_royer/snowsmall,jpg[/image]

This was about 3am thursday. When i got up about 11am There was a 5' drift in front of my f-150 and the honda was burried! This is the most snow i've seen in southern indiana since the early 90's when we got a big blizard. Pulled a couple people out wednesday night/early thursday with my f-250. When i got up this morning I had a hell of a time even getting around with my f-250! When you have higher than axle deep snow its a pita to get around. I damn near got stuck trying to get back in to my driveway because i was to lazy to dig the 4x4 out. I had a snow drift halfway up the passenger door which is pretty high for that thing. Managed to dig out the car and was able to get around on the highway, But there are sidestreets here in town that i can't even get around on with my 4x4! Its pretty nasty out. Snow in my yard now is waist deep in most places. Snows fun to go 4-wheelin in but this stuff is just to much.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 05:53 PM

Try that pic again bud. I'd like to see it. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 03:57 AM

ooops! ,jpg don't work....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 04:01 AM

By the way Merry Christmas everybody!!! Got me a paint sprayer for a gift. Can't wait till its nice out again i have alot of things i need to paint(when i figure out how to use the damn thing)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:11 AM
OpTaylor

hey when you put the speakers in your doors did you put them in some sort of a box, it'll give you better depth, they make prefab plastic/foam type things that you can pick up at most custom sterio places, and I've seen thim in crutchfield mag's.... oh and depending on the kind of bass you want, cuz 80's even sound good with a big sub, I can get you some plans of one kick ass box that sounds great with even the cheepest subs, and awsome if you wanna spend the extra few bucks.

Opie [img]images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode