Project update. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Project update.

Well I am almost done...Almost... Ran into a slight snag when i (accidently......) broke the camshaft thrustplate pulling the timming gear off.. And all i wanted off there was the trust plate damn the luck.... Anyway ford sells them for $15.19 had to order one in picking it up in the morning. After that its a matter of slidding the cam in adjusting the valves, sticking the oil pan back on and the sidecover. I always get in the habbit of putting the oil pan back on last incase I loose a part down inside the stupid thing.

After buying the new thrust plate my budget so far is $380.19 still not to bad. I'd say i'll hit 400 before I am done because I am getting new plugs and wires etc. but ohh well thats only $100 over what I wanted to spend in the first place. Hopefully I'll have it running by the weekend if I don't break anything else..

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 07:42 AM

Re: Project update.

It's looking good Jake! Is there a 2V intake for that thing? The 1V looks tiny. I'm sure it's adequate though. I haven't run it on the street yet but the 2100/2150 series of Ford Autolights come highly recomended from the older community. Take Care Jake. NORM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

a dual plane clifford OR offy intake 4v is in my future plans. The 4v intakes come with a 2bbl adapter but I have a good edelbrock 600 laying around which will probably find its way on there or a motorcraft 2bbl if the 500 is to much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 08:01 PM

nice!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 10:26 PM

Looking good !

Always loved that Ford Blue. Even 25 years ago when my machinist would send back all my Austin parts painted in it.

Keep up the good work

Sixlitre

p.s./
Anyway to get a two stage 2 bbl for that ? My experiance with plain 2bbls replacing plain 1bbls ain't a mileage increasing situation.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

I actually put some thought into finding a pre-computer GM varijet 2bbl they are a varible venturri progresive 2 stage 2bbl they put on v6's. but... I dunno. Edelbrock made many years ago a nice 1v intake that was supposed to be a BIG increase over stock on the tourqe. I dunno. probably just go with the small 4bbl and a set of EFI exaust manifolds. but i've got about a million other things i need to do first.. sigh... I got my cam,lifters,rockers,pushrods, water pump, thermorstat, timming cover and side covers on just need to put the oil pan back on and i'll be dropping it in. Had a computer crash so I am back to my old crappy computer for awhile wheeeee....Been a crappy week..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 11:52 AM

Nobody has a "good" November

sounds like yours has been better than most peoples

Sixlitre
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 09:48 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but i've got about a million other things i need to do first.. sigh..

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear ya bro... I hear ya!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Can't Get Enough

what i was planning on doing which would suit your truck perfectly was to go with the offy 2bbl manifold and a 500cfm holley 2bbl carb. with the efi exhaust manifolds.

clifford makes some really nice stuff for the 300...with a hefty price tag too though.

www.fordsix.com is a great site for inline stuff...you might even be able to pick up a used manifold over there.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

sounds like a good setup. The efi manifolds are just as good performance wise as headers and alot cheaper. plus they seal alot better. You can find alot of good deals on 300 parts on ebay. Usually a set of efi manifolds runs about $40/$50. I've yet to see a good deal on an intake on ebay though. they usually sell higher than new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode