Tires cheap but good? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
birddog1721

Tires cheap but good?

Hey what tires would be good on my 92' bronco i was looking at 33's but i dont know what kind to go with that are sortof cheap but do one hell of a job offroad as well as on road. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Bull

Re: Tires cheap but good?

IMO the best tires I've had on several rigs are BFG All Terrain KO's (or BFG Mud Terrains for more aggressive wheelin'). I got my AT's for $137 ea. for 33x12.50x15 from America's Tire. They ride great on the road and off-road, very quiet on the pavement and they wear like iron!

Just remember, any 33" tire is gonna cost over $130 or more, you definitely get what you pay for with tires.

Bull
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 06:34 PM

Remember, if you want cheap to go along with good, you won't find it. You can find lots of mud-terrains that are less expensive that BFG's or Goodyear MTR's, but they will fail in off-road at some time, and get you into a world of crap you don't want. If that doesn't worry you, I'd look into the General Grabber MT's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 11:36 PM

Offroad tires are expensive. I buy used when I can. Tread is important though. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM

I recommend Maxxis Buckshot Mudders. I've got over 40k miles on them, and I've only been stuck once with them (because I sank to my frame on a snow drift).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:58 PM

I've heard good things about the Buckshot Mudders too. No personal experience with them though. If cost is no object then go with Goodyear MTRs
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 04:07 PM
rmed345

I've used the Hi-tec Rethreads on both my Broncos and had no problems on or off-road. Had 31s on my 84 and put 55,000 miles on them and just got the 33s in last week (have not had time to mount them yet though). They sell for $70.00 each or 89 for the 35s. You can get more info at www.high-tec-retreading.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 PM

procomp mt's are great tires and are cheap too
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:50 AM

Deffinately recomend the general grabber MT's probably one of the cheapest mud tires out there and they do great!! Also the wildcountry mud tires are a good cheaper tire.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like my pro comp MT's pretty well they are stiped and are quiet on road, I haven't had any problems with them like I did with my BFG's. With my BFG's I ripped open the sidewall on a little stump and they would not honor the road hazard warranty because it looked like someone slashed the tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode