D60 wider than D44? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

D60 wider than D44?

Hi guys, I've been posting a lot of questions and got some great responses so I am very thankful for that. My Solid Axle <nobr>Durango</nobr> project came out perfect. I'll post some pics.

Before

after

Now that the sickness has started, I've already ordered some 12" <nobr>chevy</nobr> lift leaf springs (4" lift springs on right now) and going to 49" Iroks, all of which should be on said and done by January. Of course this front D44 isnt going to like that very much. I was looking into upgrading to D60 strength. What I'm hoping to do is buildup a front D60 and perform a 3 link front end using Fox racing coilovers, all of which over the summer. I have some questions listed below all dealing of which.

1. My D44 came out of a 1978 F150, would a D60 be ungodly wider? (the reason I ask is I'd like to keep the rear Ford 9" and if needed upgrade to 35 spline on it, if its a lot wider then I'll go one ton front and rear)
2. Which D60 should I look for in hopes of 35 spline (being I know there is a 30 spline out there), or which is a top choice?
3. Can I by chance use a rotor that will still obtain the 5x5.5 big 5 bolt pattern on the D60?

Thanks a lot guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 08:01 PM

Re: D60 wider than D44?

Cool truck man. Why do you want so much lift? Once you are up there it will be pretty worthless offroad unless you are going to be strictly mud bogging. I'd say cut it but the rear door poses an issue. It looks good as is. I'd enjoy it and not worry about being a skyjacker. I don't like the way they look. As yours stands now looks awsome.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 AM

That is the reason to plan. If you need the strength from the D60 then that should have been the way you went, but this is hind sight.

There is no conversion for the 9 to go to the bigger D60 pattern nor the D60 to go to the smaller without making the swap a wash. You can change the D44 to the larger but you are looking at replacing that so this is mute.

From my point here in the cheap seat, you are in for the cost of new rear and new rims......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 10:14 PM

within 3/4 of an inch of what you are currently running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode