Cheap trailer tap plug for Canadians - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Cheap trailer tap plug for Canadians

Got over to princess auto last week and here's what I got for $9.99 CDN ($6 American)

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=20063#content
It's tough enough trying to find 80-86 taps and when you do they sure ain't that price. Get on down to the nearest princess auto !

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 07:07 PM
broncoman

Re: Cheap trailer tap plug for Canadians

Hehe, was just over there last week and noticed that, along with lots of other stuff for making your own trailers and such. Nice prices, one of these days Ill make my own trailer for hauling as Im unsure of being able to buy a new or 1, 2 years old truck. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Do you guys get trailer trader out there like us Easterners ?

There's usually guys in there practically giving away trailers they bled their guts out building and already titled and licensed.

Sure there's a lot of dreamers in there too, but hey let their phones rot and hit the good deals.

Why kill yerself and maybe pay more ? Ever since MIGS made it into every other garage the quailty of homebuilt trailers has gone way up !

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 12:29 PM
broncoman

Should get it, we get Truck Trader, Auto Trader, etc. I will have to look more closely.

Ever since I was in Australia I have been interested in the trailer/camping units that they have there. Kinda like a tent trailer but built for off-roading/outback with lots of storage, room for supplies, etc.

example
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 01:16 PM

I have to say I paid 20-30 for my wiring setup. Nice find!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Slickerthanyou

yup and you spent real money(though I've seen them way over $40 American so you did alright) ! $9.99 CDN is pocket change for you guys.

You know what a tightwad I am, so getting this at that price made my day !

Broncoman

I don't even have a hitch yet, but I struck while the iron was hot ! It's really tough for us 86ers to find pre-87 plug in taps. Truth is that's the first one I'd ever seen.

Trust those Aussies to come up with a super tough tent trailer to show up their Sheila commonwealth cousins (us Canucks).

I'd hope they'd build it snake-proof and spider-proof. Everytime I see that crazy Aussie on TV who chases snakes and other venomous creatures around, he seems to have no problem finding all kinds of deadly creatures to molest, right there in Australia.

I've got a Scottish cousin who married and Aussie and is always inviting me down. Maybe I'll go one winter

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode