what i have been up to - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

what i have been up to

well, it has gone in this order. been real busy, building and buying
first, bought a jeep and went wheeling in michigan

then did more wheeling

then repairing
then more wheeling

have spent way to much time balancing on with the front end in the air this last 2 weeks.

then worked on the bronco, got it moved out of the shop so i can pull the 6 in for complete build. (350, 350, 303-205, and hopefully mogs)
flex tested the bronco for shocks today, and then it needs the shocks put on, high steer arms/tie rod, mount the cylinder, and skid plate the T case and gaz tank and its trail worthy again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 10:35 PM

Re: what i have been up to

[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] sweeeeeeeeeet, lovin the flex pics of the bronco [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 12:08 AM

Boy.... what do you mean 350/350 ?

You ain't comtemplating the unthinkable are you ?

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 03:15 AM

I'm hoping he's meaning the <nobr>jeep</nobr> or the zuk. Nice to see ya arround Zak I missed ya! Here's a pic I have of the Saginaw you got for me! (A little cleaner now) The hydro line worked great with no mods. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Mud in my Veins

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
then worked on the bronco, got it moved out of the shop so i can pull the 6 in for complete build. (350, 350, 303-205, and hopefully mogs)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he means he moved the bronco out so he can pull the cj7 in and put all that chebby crap under it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

looks good... [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

yep!
cept its a CJ 6! chevy 350, th350 trans, chevy 203- ford 205 and hopefully 404 mogs!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 PM

That sounds good

It's a popular swap and much easier than chasing down an AMC 290, 304, 343, 360, 390 or 401 and all the associated driveline parts.

You had me worried there !

Best of luck

Sixlitre
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:57 AM

Hey i've got a good SB chevy for sale! Also I work with a guy thats selling a 73 AMC matador waggon with a rebuilt 304 for $400
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

how much for the 350? does it run, will it be okay as is for a while, or does it need a rebuild? 2 or 4 bolt mains?
geither way i will put EFI on it rhough.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:10 PM

It runs VERY strong. A buddy of mine built it for his camaro and ended up wrapping it around a tree a couple years ago and stuck the motor in a 74 chevy truck he had and I bought it from him in the truck. I am not sure on 2 or 4 bolt mains but its fairly clean doesn't use oil has a alluminum 4bbl intake, headers, crome valve covers and a new set of collector glasspacks If I am not mistaken it has 40/50k max since the rebuild. You can buy the engine or the whole truck for same price its also got a 3 speed tranny and a hurst floor shifter with it. The clutch is burned out of the truck so its not movable also it is missing a carb someone stole it while it was parked. But all the brackets and accecories are there. It does need cleaned up a bit looked like the valve cover gaskets had seaped a bit but I drove it for about a month or 2 and it didn't leak enough for me to have to add any oil to it. I would just throw a gasket set at it and paint it again. I was really suprised at the power it has. Guy I work with has a mildly built 5.0 and we were screwing off one night on the way home from work and I was able to stay ahead of him till I topped out 3rd gear. I was supprised so was he considering he's running around 300hp and alot lighter vehicle. I know that the camaro was absolutely wicked before my buddy hit the tree. I'd like to get $350 out of it but I might go a little lower. Or I would trade for a good Ford Engine as I need one for my f-250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode