Dog Tracking - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
rustydale

Dog Tracking

I bought a 96 Eddie B. I got it at a deal but it has been wrecked before, the repaires were un-noticable, and it looked great. One problem it dog tracks just a little. The axle's look fine and I have no vibration's. Couldn't the whole rear-end be shifted a little? If so how can I fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 09:40 PM

Re: Dog Tracking

Don't freak out yet.

It might have been repaired adequately(enough). Get a meauring tape out and measure the distance between the front hub center and rear axle center on both sides.

Hopefully they're the same. Even if they're not things can be adjusted my a good front end place.

Like you say there may be a rear axle location problem too. Again a good alignmnet shop can work miracles.

Doesn't your state/province have full disclosure laws ? You could sue the previous owner/seller or at least talk him and his lawyer into paying the alignment bills.

Sixlitre
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Shilo

I'd take a close look at the front end, the TTB does not fare well in impacts, either from the front or the side. In particular take a close look at radius arms, pivot brackets & crossmember and the TTB beams themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:18 PM
mudbug6483

Like Sixlitre said take it to a good alignment shop but ask for either a four wheel alignment or a "thrust angle" alignment. No matter how bad the front may be off it won't cause dogtracking. That's all in the rear. Anything from a worn out leaf spring bushing to a bent shackle mount. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode