Got the Summit headers back from Ceramacoating ! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Got the Summit headers back from Ceramacoating !

Here they are just back from the Ceramacoater's

Dying to get them onto the rig. dying to finally replace the 19 year old 02 sensor even worse !

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 07:18 AM
XLTChris

Re: Got the Summit headers back from Ceramacoating !

Thoes are the 200 something headers? Are they any good compared to the more expencive ones out there? I am wanting to get some for my 351
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Re: Got the Summit headers back from Ceramacoating

Actually they were $159.00

They're made for Summit by Pace Setter headers. I cannot see a visible difference between most unequal length shorty emissions headers. If you ask me they're all copying each other.

The welds and bends look to be of high quality and it has all the features of it's competitors.

I really bought them because I need to change the original 19 year old 02 sensor on my 86 EFI'd 302. All my buddies said don't even start the job without an extra known to be good manifold because it's almost a guaranteed break trying to extract it.

I priced manifolds and shipping, as every junkyard unit was already broken, repaired or missing. Once the pricing was in it became clear I could buy the headers, coat them and still save money compared to busting and replacing the stock 85-86 only R/H side manifold.

The icing on the cake is that these bolt up to this;

This improve custom bent stock position Y-pipe added a pile more torque and mileage and should really compliment and work well with the new smog headers.

I'm sure the new 02 sensor can't hurt things either.

Sixlitre [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:41 PM

Holy sh!t Six,

You gonna have a new truck by the end of the summer!

So you got the headers coated after you bought them or you bought them like that? For $159 you can't beat it!-Bob
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Veteran

im am anxiously awaiting the new hp/mpg figures.... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Really nice looking headers Malcolm [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 PM

How thick is the manifold flange? And do the tubes (before coating, not sure how thick that might be) look to be of a good thick gauge?

They look awful perty! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Bob

No I paid to have them coated not really for looks (though thanks Broncomania and Juice) but to try and make them last a few winters up here before they rust out.

The local Cerama-coater normally charges @ $140 American, but he cut me a significant break because they were so short(not allowed to say exactly how much).

Bob I hope to have a closer to new looking truck by Summer's end. Again, with the headers, I'm just killing time until I get my rear quarters back from the paint shop, then I can glue them on.

Broncomania

I'm dying to see the mileage figures too. The 02 sensor change should really help too, so whose to scientifically say which will do more ? I want a repeat of 2 Summers ago when I hit 22mpg on an American sized gallon ! That's gotta be close to a fullsized bronco record.

Juice

They were definately 3/8" flange before coating and the welds and bends look to be of good quality. I doubt you could dimple or dent the pipes themselves without really pounding on them with a hammer, they're pretty thick.

Here's the plug wire clearance on the driver's side;

Did everything you see here in 3 hours tonight(from off to on) before I packed it in to go to a cheap Tuesday movie;

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=18404#content

I'll finish her up tomorrow and fire that mother up !

Sixlitre
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:28 AM

Summit should pay you and Pepe a commision. I'll bet you sent them alot of business. Hell you got me wanting a set. I'll do without for now though. I'll go with manifolds untill I can drive it again. Although now would be ideal. Hmmm.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 06:58 PM
rmed345

Re: Got the Summit headers back from Ceramacoating !

Will these headers fit an 81 with a 302?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

rmed345

I don't know how the non EFI Y-pipes run, but I'd guess, if the manifolds exit at the same angle, they would probably bolt up to your stock Y-pipe (guess).

They said they were only for 97-96, but they fit my 86 fine. If anything I have more room around the starter now.

You could always phone the toll-free Summit tech line.

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode