Sensa-Tracs for my front quad shocks (pics) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Sensa-Tracs for my front quad shocks (pics)

Couldn't leave well enough alone after my rear air shock install. They felt so much better that when I was under changing the brake hoses, and the lines from them to the union block under the master cylinder, guess what I did?

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=17980#content

Should have more pics tomorrow night

Sixlitre[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

p.s./
They were $55 and $53 CDN each
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 06:34 AM

Re: Sensa-Tracs for my front quad shocks (pics)

Nice work. The access holes are pure laziness! I like it! I myself just got done rebuilding my Autolite 2150. I set the float slightly below where stock recomends. I'm hoping I'll have great results with this carb thus saving me in excess of $1000 for TBI in the future. At the very least it should get me on the road again.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: Sensa-Tracs for my front quad shocks (pics)

You know us Mopar guys

we love to modify stuff, drill holes and such.

Great news on your carb, hope it works better for you. There's a lot of other types of carbs out there and dirt cheap compared to a TBI setup. Don't write them off before you go spending all that hard earned cash.

A vacuum distributor can be super tuned to help a carb out too. Did you get a look at the tuning procedure I use on my Mopar 360 ?

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=17585#content

Playing with the dist this way really helped me dial in all 800 cfms of my Thermoquad. I wish I'd known about that procedure 25 years and thousands of gallons ago !

Bent up and installed the two new steel brake lines that run from the new front hoses over the TTB and up to the union block under the master cylinder.

I finished up the front shocks today and I'm halfway through installing the new rotors, calipers, pads and Timken wheel bearings.

Bought the 4WD bearing lock ring socket a few months ago on sale and they sold me the wrong one !!!!!! After I'd blown my stack I went back and returned the socket.

They didn't have the right one, but it wasn't a wasted trip as my LED light's pigtails were in, and cheap ! $2.08 a pigtail, I bought 4 and they still owed me money.

It was late so I used my head for once and called a Canadian place like Autozone(The Parts Source) and they loaned me a socket for a few days for free(with a deposit of course).

Today I was able to get the locking ring off with needle nose pliers, but I figure it'd be tough trying to re-torque the ring without the right socket.

Say Norm, fellow pre-87 owner, whats the torque on that locking ring anyway ? The Haynes covers everyone but my 86 in describing the torque.

Here's what I did today;

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=17980#content

Sixlitre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode