Gremlins eating my f-150 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:07 PM
NightBreed

Gremlins eating my f-150

O.K so yesterday on my way to work I noticed a vibration going down the highway that was never there before. Just as I reach inbetween 55 up to about 60/65 I started getting this vibration in my stearing wheel and stick shirt. But once I either gave it gas just a hair mor or let off the vibration vanished. I replaced the plugs and wires and it helped a bit so this am when I got to work I reset my fuel mixture a touch < just did emissions so I needed to retune any way > then on my way home I noticed my temp guage just [bleep] the bed. Now just wait a minute its not over with just yet [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] On my way back from cashing my check my clutch / tranny .... some where in that linkage area ..... is now making a kind of popping sound when enguaging second gear .....

Does any one here know a good exorcist?!?!?!?! [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:14 PM

Re: Gremlins eating my f-150

your tires are hitting there critical rpm, get them balanced.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:20 PM
NightBreed

ok I can except that theroy but why would it just start its not like I just got the truck a week ago and it just started a day or two ago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:34 PM

check the rims and see if there a dust mark where you threw a weight
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:45 AM
NightBreed

well good news is I found the one thing that was making all the scary noises and vibrations bad news is I found it the hard way on my way to pic up my daughter for the weekend. It was the front U-joint for the rear axel luckily it snapped right down the street from a parts store but damn its hard to replace in the middle of a busy intersection and no one wants to either stop traffic long enough to push the truck out the road or even help push the beast but its back in and running great again.

Any one here know anything about the heavy duty splines with a 45 degree rotation I saw them on "Trucks" and cant remember what was said about the cost or install but remember them saying how good and strong they are
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 PM

you dont want that driveshaft in somehting you are goign to drive evryday. it uses not centering ball, and wears realy quickly. also it vibes pretty good, and is real expensive. i have $900 in my 80* CV
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 10:37 PM
NightBreed

cool thanks
I go tto looking at the thrashed u-joint and it seems as if its the original witch wouldnt suprise me none. Im just trying to figure out a way to make this from being a frequint ordeal. The drive shaft from an f-350 but Im not sure just how well its going to hold up with a for d9 inch front and rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode