Another tire clearance post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 03:34 PM
broncofan14

Another tire clearance post

Hey i was wondering if a 2.5 inch lift would clear 35's or 33's best with no rub. If not what would the lowest lift i could get that would clear 35's. Which is better, a body lif or a suspension lift for off-road performance that wouldn't hender on road performance which i would use my bronco a a daily driver to school. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Juggernaut87

Re: Another tire clearance post

S
E
A
R
C
H
3in body would be the least you could clear 35s with lots of rub on the radius arms, 4in suspension would be pushing it but would definatley clear them with less driveshaft possible problems. 6in suspension is a sure shot of clearing 35s, but possible driveshaft angle problems. 3in body would only work for a poser truck that didnt see any real flexing or mud. 4in suspension would be good for a casual offroader that doesnt see too much flex. 6in suspension would be best for no rubing at full lock which would be lots of flex.
my sugestion would be 4in suspension if your going to take it offroad
6in suspension is not much more $$ but its the max suspension lift you would want to go without extended driveshafts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 06:27 AM
broncofan14

Re: Another tire clearance post

thanks man. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode