Bolt sizes for Leaf springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Bolt sizes for Leaf springs

I would like to get the new bolts before I cut these off. Does anyone have the size or one laying around they could measure for me? It's the rear shackle and front Hanger bolt that I need they look the same size. I called Ford and they said the all are M14- but I've gotten poor info from them before. I need to get them before the weekend because my wife will be out of town so all I'll have is the Bronco. I will have pics before and after for show [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]-Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: Bolt sizes for Leaf springs

Had to go with 9/16 because no one had Metric 14. I'd like to know how hard these original bolts are i went through three blade just to cut one side one side of the bolt off! I decided to go borrow a buddies torchs and finish it tomorrow. If it ever stops raining!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]-Bob
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

quick pic of installed stance.- Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 10:55 AM

Looks good! Not to get off on a tangent, but did your bronc come from the factory with that paint job? I've never seen that before. Now with your red leafs and the subdued steps your bronc has that "A-Team" look! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Mr. T would be proud. To get back on the subject at hand; how do the new springs ride?
-Scott
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Shilo

Looks like you already found the answer, but yep they're metric and yep 9/16" is plenty close. I've had some slide out by hand and there was one I was never able to remove.......I even torched into it a bit with the plasma and tried to knock it out with the air hammer.

Once that happens you're time ahead to just drill out the rubber and install a whole new bushing.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Ummmm, Yes on the paint job, I added the flares of course so it all blends in. The ride has stiffened a bit but I like it, doesn't seem to ROLL as much, although the classic bronco look is back with the rear bit higher than the front. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1196527-springs 001.jpg (65.2 KB, 5 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 08:29 PM

Cool. I like the stiff porsche-like feel you get when you first put on a lift or new springs. Of course, it just FEELS like a porsche when compared to old, worn out springs and shocks. As for the paint job comment, I meant no offense if any was taken. I honestly like the "down-to-business" gray and black with just enough red for color. Down here, you'd be in like Flynt with all of us GA Bulldog fans. GO DAWGS! (just for you, Muddy)
-Scott
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

No offense taken, I get a lot of compliments even though she has rusted rockers. i have a quart of each color i wqas going to make a painting project but got too busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode