Jasper motos and trans - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Jasper motos and trans

i just picked up the new motor and trans for my 90 F250 1 ton.

Thats my new host vehicle. (note the Dana 60) [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thats the new motor and trans by the old one.
351w and a C6.

If you are gonna buy a new motor from Jasper GET THE INSTALL KIT.

It has everthing form the new water pump to the radiator cap. It looks a lot like the box of stuff I buy when i buy a new vehicle and do all the maintenance that was never done. Belts, hoses(and clamps), wire, tune up kit, thermostat, rad cap, air filer/pcv/breather and water pump. Also i got the optional trans cooler with it. It came with a full gasket set, oil pan, and a NEW timing cover.

Friday night i'll start swapping the intake onto the new one and install it by sunday so i can got to the junkyard monday morning to tie up the loose ends.

My 86 is now a parts truck(sad to say but time to move on to bigger and better things). As i pull stuff off i'll post in the for sale section.

I guess working 20 hour days 6 days a week paid off. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 07:30 PM

Re: Jasper motos and trans

Kickass man! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I will be there fri night to help ya start the swap. Ill get in touch on saturday when i get back from the swapmeet as well.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 07:33 PM

how much cheaper was it to put it together yourself ver. getting a create motor that drops in ...just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Mud in my Veins

that looks like good stuff! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
120 hr work weeks?! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'd rather have no toys and be on welfare than go that route! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Muddy. Welfare pays the bills. I pay for the toys. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

lal357. Not sure how much cheaper it would be. It's not really all that much more work. I just have to swap the intake over and it's pretty much the same from there. If i were to buy a motor from Ford as a turnkey i would still have to swap over wiring and fuel rails onto the intake. The differebce is really the valve covers. This way i just drop the intake on with the fuel rails still attached and drop it in. I remeber the from motor being MUCH more expensive along with the trans with the same warranty.

Rep-T I still have to run to the junkyard for the C-6 tv cable and shifter stuff. I'm gonna try to do that on monday. Also some of the intake bols have completely rusted away so we have to run for new ones on friday night. I'm kinda anal about things like that so i'll replace ALL of them so i know exactly what i have.

Well i'm off to bed for my 2 hour nap before my next 22 hour workday. Then i have from friday night 6pm off till monday night 11pm. 3 day weekend and i spend it under my truck. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode