Carb to TBI swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 12:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carb to TBI swap

I recently got an 87 F250 4x4 351 4bbl. What are my options to swap this beast over to TBI ?? Any of you guys have the parts for CHEAP...I would need a computer with that of course...Yea I know Holly has a bolt on convertion..
Any bugs you guys wanna tell me about on this ride ?
Im a better Chevy mech. (had em for yrs..) but then the only thing I ever bought new for my self was a Bronco..
oh well im digressed..any help would be big help. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 02:20 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Carb to TBI swap

well you and BigNorm should get along quite nicely [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

seriously, he's been doing lots of research on custom TBI stuff off Chevy engines so he should have some input for you [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

NO-NO...I dont want to put chevy stuff on it...I was hopeing maybe one of you guys might have some factory stuff from a truck or motor that you were parting out..If so email me at [email protected] Thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 01:05 PM

Yea, that's what I was thinking, go factory Ford FI. Not sure though, if you did the whole FI and computer from a 351 model that had FI, wonder if you would have to swap your tranny to a computer controlled version, of it you could just get away with the FI on the motor?

Also, did Ford ever do TBI (Throttle body injection)? Have not looked at those first years where they began FI, but I am thinking Ford always went TPI (tuned Port injection) with the injector rails. Chebby went TBI.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Shilo

TBI

Ok, speak up Norm.............what should I do to run TBI on a 460? Do I need a TBI setup from a 454, or a 350? I hear the 454 has a larger tb? Howell adapter, custom chip, and what else?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:19 PM

Two main options: The holley bolt on, quick ans easy and the other is off to the junkyards for the stuff. I can get you the about everything off of a 302 (86) I think......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode