Grayrock orv run--Oct. 24-26 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Grayrock orv run--Oct. 24-26

Hey guys---There will be a run at this fairly new park in Alabama on Oct. 24-26. I will be there whether I'll be in my 74 bronco or a friends yj. I'd like to meet some of you guys from Ga, La and Tn. Grayrock orv is just a few mile north of Birmingham. It's 2000 acres from mild to wild. This will be my first run there.
Link to CAOSS' website http://caos4x4.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1598

Link to the Grayrock flyer
http://www.grayrockorv.com/event%20flyer.htm

Hope to see ya there,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Grayrock orv run--Oct. 24-26

that's almost twice as big as superlift park! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

I know---Isn't it great. We were planning on going to Hot Springs again but they are pretty much booked up for the times we wanted to go in October.

Muddy--Lay your ears back and come on over to Birmingham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:00 PM

I tried looking on the "convert" program for Acres to Square Miles, not there...anybody know roughly how many square miles 2000 acres is?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

I think one square mile is 640 acres. So roughly, a little over a mile and a half each way.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 05:41 PM

i went there back in may and had a blast never did get to ride all the trails i wanted to i'll be up there in oct with my 80 bronco would like to get up with ya MSU i'm hoping to go sat and sun thinking about leaving the bronco there and take another ride for the commute back to montgomery. make sure you pass there checklist or they wont let ya ride most of the stuff you should already have .
the map they give ya is pretty bad we just drove around until we found a trial that was on the map and went from there but they cut some new ones in that were not on there from what i was told if the owner thinks they are getting to easy he changes them up alittle [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:36 PM

you think? that seems really tiny, how many trails can you fit in 1.5 miles square? You could run every trail in a day no problem.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Hot Springs is only 1200 acres and you can't even think about running all those trails in one day.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, Brian is right, that is a crapload of trails unless you're in a tube frame buggy with 44's that take's all the trails at 30 mph [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] There are 2 longer 3* trails at Superlift that alone will take you all day to finish if everybody in your group isn't locked. The park sure seems bigger than 2 square miles to me [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Juice, how long are the trails that you ride? I'd love to ride a 30 mile trail but then again it's not so fun if somebody breaks at the half way point [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 10:37 AM

Most of the trails aren't that long, some only 2/10ths of a mile or so, others, where they are running the powerlines, can go for 5-10 miles, intersecting gravel forest service roads or other trails along the way.

But, you don't feel like you're in a traffic jam either, since the trails at Tillamook State Forest, for instance, are scattered about a section of the forest that is roughly 20-30 miles by 15-20 miles, all legal for wheeling. That's why I like TSF, it's very much like a "park" like you guys talk about, not just a long trail, but it is scattered over a large area. when I first started messing around up there (no GPS), I would get lost on the trails/forest service roads back in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode