lift questions??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:04 AM
bob94f150

lift questions???

Ok Gonna lift the f150, I have some questions, body vs. suspension,
what is the good and bad of the two, are either going to require modding, cutting or welding. Or is it just bolt on and swapping out stock parts.
I have a busted leaf spring that i'm going to replace, does anyone sell suspension lifts with leaf sprins, or is it always just blocks.
I'd like to go with 35's or maybe 38's How much lift would it take to get each under the truck comfortably, I don't want to have to worry about rubbing my fender wells when i hit a bump.
Also this truck is a straight six with a 5 speed, will i need to get different diferential gear to pull 35's/38's or will it be just a little harder on the clutch?

I realize this is a lot of questions to ask, but i don't want to get to little or to much lift. well to much is questionable. Also any opinions on diffent kits and how you liked them is much appreciated. Thanks a lot, Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lift questions???

Obviously, having to discuss the pros and cons of body vs. suspension, you must first always recognize the source of the lifts in question.

A suspension lift leaves the body to frame mounting the same, with clearance a result of the increased distance from the frame to the axles. A body lift has added spacers between the frame and body, with no added clearance.

The suspension lift is better for mudding and off roading. It gives you the clearance you need. Center of gravity isn't really any concern, however the ball joint sucks.

The thing that bugs me about body lifts are the gaps and how the frame shows. However, if you want to fit larger tires, it's the best and cheapest way to do so.

It truly is up to you and what suits your needs best.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 12:19 PM

Re: lift questions???

There are dozens of posts on your topic here...try the "search".

4" suspension lift with rear leafs (Superlift) and 35's is ideal. Some cutting of stock rivets, no welding.

4.56 gears are recommended but not required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode