Uh-Oh! Help with front sway bar - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Uh-Oh! Help with front sway bar

Well guys, I just got a digital camera so of course I had to go do some wheelin' and take some pics. Well I haven't been wheelin' in a long time and was enjoying the benefits of a locked rearend. I was doing some tight turning while articulating and my front wheels locked to the right and wouldn't strighten up for a second until I backed up a little bit and then I noticed a small popping sound when I turn tight like in a parking lot. Looked under there and yeah, the front sway bar busted its bushing on the passenger side and gouged the front shock. Uh...I can't just take the front sway bar off can I? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:49 PM

Re: Uh-Oh! Help with front sway bar

Yes, you can and should remove front and rear anti-sway bars. Most of us here have removed them. You'll be amazed and how much better you'll wheel without it.

What shocks are you running?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Pro Comp's. They were the cheapest at the time I replaced the Superlift one's that came with the lift. It gouged the front one at the base where the weld is along the bottom. I think the shock is fine, but don't want to drive the 100 miles back home at 75mph if I'm going to end up rolling off the road in the first curve I come to in the highway. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 06:02 PM

Yeah, youll be fine. There is probably more bronco's here without them than there is with em [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Biggie_Truck

Loose the sway-bars.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:55 PM

I actually put mine back on, just because I got tired of kick'in it. Now that I have made room in the garage off it comes, definitely better off!-Bob
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the replies, guys. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I took it off and drove the 100 miles home with no drama. Personally, I can't tell much difference in its street handling...it's a big bronco with a suspension lift and big(relative to stock, Norm) tires...'nuff said. Didn't get a chance to go back and wheel with it off; didn't have time. It actually gouged my front shock on that side pretty bad, but it didn't puncture it. Now it's a chew toy for my labrador so I won't have to put it back on like you, Bob. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Thanks again, guys.
-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode