rear floor getting real hot lately... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

rear floor getting real hot lately...

just curious if anyone had a cat get plugged and notice the floor behind the center console generating some heat?

i dont believe its my flowmaster muffler since its further away than the stock muffler also the heat shield is intact, and it started just recently but getting hot faster on shorter drives [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

just curious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: rear floor getting real hot lately...

It's not a plugged cat - it's the engine running rich. The cat is working fine, but it's gonna burn itself up soon. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks for pointing that out Steve, i have noticed a rich fuel smell out of the tailpipe lately (when i get out) and lost about 1.5 mpg in fuel economy, i checked for codes but i have none however i believe the O2 sensor can get dirty, read wrong and not throw a code, am i right?

Its just a standard bosch sensor (dont think its platinum tipped) approx 3 years old, maybe i should just swap it out. anything else that could cause it to be running rich that wont throw codes, i have a K&N air filter and its clean, so i can rule that out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:51 AM

Mine has a rich smell when I shift out of overdrive for hills and passing ( or just head wind [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), but mine has never thrown out a code. Mine also seems to run a little lean when in overdrive, that's what I can't figure out - guess it has something to do with the rpm's with the same throttle pos - but back to the subject... I would sure hope that it wouldn't be the sensor going bad, seeing as how its only a few years old, but I guess it could happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode