Am I still a Ford man even though I bought a Dodge - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

View Poll Results: Which name is best???
The Warrior 0 0%
The Beast 1 10.00%
The Breast 1 10.00%
Mud Wagon 0 0%
Rock and Roll Warrior Wagon of Sin 2 20.00%
Mudallica 2 20.00%
Mom's New Penguin Crusher 0 0%
Pond Scum 0 0%
Crocodile Snot 0 0%
Shoulda stayed with Ford 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 02:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Am I still a Ford man even though I bought a Dodge

I got an awesome deal on this thing...but it isn't a Ford. I feel the guilt and am posting this so I can get the rest of my stars taken away! (I deserve that punishment at least!)
Here is what it looked like when I got it... [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Here it is after $17.50 in paint

<font color="blue"> Please forgive me, but at least I did not trade a Ford for it. I traded an AK47 and a Ruger 44. I still have enough guns to ward off WWIII; I just weighed out what I would have more fun with and the "Warrior" won!</font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what should I call it???

If you have an awesome name you would like to give it and I use it I'll take a photo of the truck with the name, post it here and send you a copy!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 02:50 PM

Re: Am I still a Ford man even though I bought a Dodge

I like it, even if a Dodge. You didn't give us any specs on it though, aside from the cost of paint (the goofy pics were great though!, and for that, I'm not taking one of your stars, sorry).

I participated in your poll, you have plenty of names there, so I have nothing further to offer.

How do you legally "trade" an AK47 assault rifle? (Don't worry, I'm not an anti-gun protestor, just struck me. Hope it's "in good hands", if ya know what I mean. lots of crazies out there. last thing they need is [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 03:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think (I hope) that the deal was totally legal! The gun was a semi automatic and totally street legal. I filled out a release of liability form and ownership form the guy provided for the deal. (He didn't want to get in any trouble either especially if the gun came up as stolen or involved in crimes!)

as for specs...
360 CID small block
supposedly got an RPM cam and bored .30 over-
runs good and strong and that much I CAN vouch for
Edelbrock 650 carb with the kit in it so it won't have any flooding or starving problems.
38X12.50 Swampers
locking rear end- (welded spiders)
almost complete roll cage
tranny full valve body kit
hooks up right away but has to be shifted
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 09:46 PM
froggy

Sounds like a good trade. The only thing I dont like is the welded spiders. But hey if its a trail rig only , then it doesnt matter all that much.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 01:33 AM

That looks like a very fun truck! Can't beat the deal you got either. I'll even give you stars if you post some cool action pics [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW you should also go over and post this on the Dodge forum, they need something to talk about over there.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 02:12 AM

Nice score hakefisherman !

If your 360 ain't already got enough low end snort for you, let me know and I'll describe installing and timing an MP distributor. That alone can add 25-40 ft/lbs down low and really make it come alive from off idle and up.

Guess you won't be plating that Mopar for the road eh?

Sixlitre

p.s./
I've seen no less than two chevies running around on early 80's Ford rims lately, so your partial defection can be overlooked.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 04:06 PM

Well, sounds like you guys tried to get it right. You could have contacted local police as well. I guess they would have known the legal way, though I would hesitate to confirm this now (after the fact).

You'll have fun with that. Make sure you post up some action pics.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 01:59 AM

/beer rant on/
Typical cops don't know which end the G.D. round comes out of, much less the gun laws. Never ever ever ask a cop what the law is. It's like asking the meter maid if your truck is street leagal. /beer rant off/

That is a cool truck!![img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode