does anyone have a pic of the k&n fipk kit? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 06:54 PM
96XL

does anyone have a pic of the k&n fipk kit?

i am looking for a photo of the entire kit, k&n's web site does not show any spacifics.the pic can be installed or not. i would prefer to see the mass air kit from a 96. i was curious if the kit comes with new intake runners or if it ueses the stock ford parts. (i am trying to justify spending the cash) thanks for the help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:07 PM
dawgghanson

Re: does anyone have a pic of the k&n fipk kit?

yo,
J has some pics w/it on his 96:
http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...s=7676#content
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Word of advice, just use the K&N replacement filter and save yourself some money. They work as well as the FPIK for the most part and you will save about $100.00. Take the $100.00 and put that towards a decent in-vehicle air compressor.

If you are bound and determined to do a FPIK check out Shilo's White Trash version, here is a link to it.

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=13253#content

dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Juggernaut87

the one dawg is talking about looks like just the filter on the end of the MAF sensor, I have a 89 thats getting the engine rebuilt, i had them put on the FIPK kit, i can get a pic after i get it back on friday. the only diffrence is i dont have a MAF sensor and i had two intake tubes that don't ever connect to one... we'll see what it looks like when she gets home
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 10:44 AM

I agree with Dave, there is no justification for the spend. Perhaps at speed the extra horse or two might be worth $100 (not!). Better mileage? None you will likely ever notice. A standard K&N and maybe if you wanted to mess with the exhaust a bit (headers, cat back, etc.) would be money better spent.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Shilo

I dunno that my white trash design would work with MAF, but I agree with everyone else: the FIPK is overpriced at best. Perfect example of a manufacturer throwing together some basic components, *packaging* it as a "kit" and charging way too much.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 11:31 AM
96XL

thanks a ton guys! i have seen some of the homemade set ups before i was just curious if k&n even supplied the intake tube to the plenum??? gues not (what a rip!) i should just spend that cash on a cat back system ...prob. get me more ponies too!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 05:24 PM

No! Don't waste your money on it! Only comes with the open element a bracket that you most likely will have to bend/modify that you hook your stock intake hose/hoses to. Oh, and the little hose to run to your oil fill neck. Unless, of course, you like that industrial grade vacuum cleaner racket that it makes. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 05:43 PM

Junk, as the rest of the board said, better to spend the $30-$40 on the drop in then take the other $150 and get a cat back as you have said.-Bob
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 05:51 PM
96XL

thanks for the tip. it seems that i would get more bang for my buck from just a drop in unless i want to fab something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode