rough country 2.5 inch lift and 35's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

rough country 2.5 inch lift and 35\'s?

I found a good deal on 4 35 inch bfg a/t's, $50 buckz. They have only been driven on the street and have about 60% tread left. Would a 2.5 inch lift clear these or should I go with 33's? I found the lift through jcwhitney for $199 and it includes coils, drop brackets, rear blockz. My shocks should be alright, also I'll probably use rancho add-a-leafs that I already have and scrap the blockz. Does this sound good?

thanks [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 06:05 AM

Re: rough country 2.5 inch lift and 35\'s?

Wanna trade tires? My 33's will fit no prob with that lift. But then again you could always just cut it! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 10:52 AM

you mean fit without rub? Probably not. The front will rub at the rear fender edge and the radius arms. How bad depends on what rims/offset you will be runnning.

What's your plan for shocks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A guy once told me that I could fit 33's on my Bronco stock. He said they might rub a little, but 33's stock! He also told me that with a 4 inch lift I could clear 35's no problem, I agree though I think you will rub with only a 2.5 inch lift. You might think about going a little bigger on your lift but keep in mind that 35's are a lot more expensive to replace than 33's when they wear out, so you might want to do that. Good Luck.

Let me know how it turns out

Sean
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 12:23 AM

Well, the advice you heard Sean is right, though it is never exact, seeing as there are too many variables. But, having run 33's with no lift, and no rub (not doing anything real serious off road, 8" wheels, proper offset, yada, yada), and having run 35's with 4" lift, and caring whether there is rub or not, I've gotten pretty good knowing "what fits, what hits".

If you don't care about tire rub, this is all silly. If you don't mind using your favorite tool (sawzall), again this is all silly.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Old Hand

My buddy once had a 84ish 150 with just a 3" bodylift with 35s on 15x10s. The ONLY place it touched at full lock on the rad arm steering hissing at you. If it was flexed up with the wheel at a small turn, it hit the back of the plastic innerfenderwell. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 05:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had an 89 stock Bronco (before I did all of my modifications). You know how basically all Broncos are known to rust on the fenders? I had a bad case of rust on my right side. Therefore, I had no problem with shaving my fenders to fit 33" tires on it, no lift. I even off roaded my Bronco at the time and had NO PROBLEM with rub or obstruction. Then, when I put a 3" body lift on it, I could fit 35" Swampers on my Bronco. Since then, I've also added 2" suspension. 35's fit on mine, with shaved fenders and 3" of body. I say go for it.

*Lacey*
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 05:57 PM

Wow! A real girl on the board! And she likes trucks! Awsome! Welcome to the board Lacey. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode