Topless Spring and fall - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Topless Spring and fall

If you have not ever taken your top off, it's about time to do it (take out the back seat, remove tailgate and doors, then play, fun gain in horsepower to weight ratio). It is too hot here in the summer and too cold in the winter. I can take the cold with heater blasting at my feet and appropriate clothing about to the end of Oct. and then again in late March. I can take the rain/snow if I and my gear stays dry. Topless is funner, free-er, and faster.

It tends to rain/snow here in the spring and fall. I'm thinking of adding snap/zip-on sides to my bikini top. I could use an insert between the support bow and the back of the cab (see attach.). They should keep the wet out of the back seat and off my son. Cargo area has been stripped and lined so it can get wet. The bikini top is nice but I used to run topless with a tarp handy, some clips to attach it to the back of the cab, and tie downs for around the sides and rear. Caution, water can and will run from the cargo area into the cab. I've yet to get to it, others here have the water flow blocked/dammed at the cab. I've parked pointing uphill to prevent this.

Get a tarp and go topless!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1180310-bikinisides.jpg (21.2 KB, 85 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:07 PM
broncoman

Re: Topless Spring and fall

Living on the wet west coast prevents doing this for any length. Although this year has been a record breaker for sun as a Bronco that parks in my neighbourhood has had the top off for a solid 6 weeks and parks outside!
Water reservoirs down to 39% reflects how dry we have been this year. Def. a good year for going topless [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:49 PM

cool pic again.
i prefer my method of topless year round!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love going topless!

The only thing about this past summer that sucked was the fact that I don't have a tarp. It was raining here in Jersey CONSTANTLY, and when it stopped for a second, I'd take my top off. But the next day, it'd start drizzling - with threats of a storm. So, I'd rush to put my top back on, and whaddya know??? It stopped raining as soon as everything was bolted down.

Then, one time, a couple of my friends decided to play a practical joke on me. They removed my top during the middle of winter, when it just started to snow. So I woke up to an avalanche in the back of my Bronco.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the fact that my top can come off - but not when its winter time. And be careful, you might get frostbite! The heaters don't ever seem to be enough during the winter!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:11 PM

Ditto! Been topless for 4 days straight, and another 6 or 7 to go-Sweeet! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img].
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 01:15 AM

Topless can be fun, but the ideal alternative is going Soft!

Topless in no time, if that's your thing, full top (though not very thief proof) or what I like, Safari top, to protect from the elements.

Pics from my beach trip this last weekend. may not get back over until next summer:

[img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]

Pic 2, again with Soft top up...

pic 3, sides rolled up, safari style. Oh, these pics are with my new Canon A60, me likey.

Pic 4, didn't think about this until later, but that large rock out in the ocean, just above the drivers side mirror, is Proposal Rock, where I asked my soon to be ex wife if she would marry me. [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

Pic 5

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Great pics, nice top! I want to run a beach like that. I had one but sold it in favor of the bikini. I always ran the full top open. It was nice to have the sides and rear when the weather hit. My only concern now is my 6 year old in the back seat. He sits in the middle but if the wind kicked up he could get wet. If it gets real nasty we tarp-up, retreat to the camper or easy up awning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode