its done - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

its done

well I have gone and done it now. I had to buy a trail rig I was so worried about breaking the daily driver last time out that it ruined my day and I couldnt pass up on this deal. Its a 84 cj7 with a 90 chevy caprice tbi 305 backed by a 350 trans with a dana 20 transfer case. I will be putting in dana 44 front and rear. it all ready has 5 in suspension lift (springs 4" / shackle 2") and a 3 in body lift. I will leave it spring under axle and probably take out a inch of the body lift it already has a snorkel on it to. all of this for $800. so what do you all think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1177324-Dcp_0027.jpg (32.2 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:36 AM

Re: its done

Wow sounds like a good deal! Doesn't even look rusty either, thats awesome that its a fuelie.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:10 PM

Another one bites the dust! Whatever fits your needs. Great price and looks to be in good shape. I'm happy with where my bronc takes me. I may do some exo-caging to get it into more stuff without tearing it up. I've too have had thoughts of a jeep, zuk, or Bronco II that I could tow behind the Bronc. Maybe even mount my pop-up camper on a flatbed that would also carry the little trail rig. Not sure if the bronc could tow all that though. Good luck with the jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:47 PM

Good score! Always dug those older CJ's.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 02:00 PM

That's cool 80B, what's it got for axles now, AMC rear, Dana 30 front? Any traction aids in the axles now? Looks pretty capable. How's the rear driveshaft angle, got to be real bad with the combo of lift and v8/auto. What's it got a 6" rear driveshaft?

When you swap to 44's (axles) why aren't you thinking spring over?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 10:56 PM

that makes me want to put cj parts into a old postal jeep now...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Txquadhunter24

Nothing better Scoring any good 4x4 at that price and shape. Even if ya didn't like it ya can resale it and make money..lol. Find a jeep wagoneer now to rob the Axle's from, They come with the D44 upfront that'll swap right in. and a D44 rear if wanted.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

He juice the axles that are in it are stock dana 30 front amc 30 rear (still 2 peice). I plan on putting a lock rite in the dana 44 rear. as I hear they hold up to the jeeps weight pretty good. actually the rear drive shaft is at a really good angle and is about 2ft long. I will get a true measurement some day.. the rear axle is real stiff nut it has this coil over type shock set up on it and I think it is adjustable so I will losse the heck out of it and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode