Tire Cover: Poll and Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Chandler

Tire Cover: Poll and Question

In searching for where to find a new tire cover (is getting lucky at tire-covers.com still the best bet?) I noticed that a few of us (very happy to see I wasn't the only one) have lost, at least temporarily, their tire cover on the freeway when the hard top was off.....out of curiosity, how many of you have had this happen?

-Matt [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:01 PM

Re: Tire Cover: Poll and Question

personally i think there pointless..... mine sits in the back of the bronco, and the one on my DD just sits in the bed.....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Pooh-Bah

Mine blew off....with the top ON! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Albeit, in a hellacious wind storm.
Didn't realize it had happened till I pulled in for gas.
Scratching my head, "something's missing from the Bronco". [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:37 PM

never had one so i wouldnt know
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Mud in my Veins

I don't see how it could just blow off... mine came with some coated cable that's tied in 7 or 8 hundred knots around the carrier. Even when I got that damn wire off (p235 spare on left, 35x12.5 on right [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) I still had to almost break out the pry bar to get the thing off the tire! I guess mine was just stubborn because it had never been used (yay for tall lugs!) [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

As soon as I get the 35 mounted up I will have a cover up for grabs, though you'll have to settle for "ORD BRONCO"... I keep the p235 covered out of shame, but when the 35 is mounted up it will be on full display [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If you have anything over stock, fly it with pride and ditch the cover, and while you're at it take your bumpers and top off, it's how the Bronco was meant to be [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:55 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you have anything over stock, fly it with pride and ditch the cover, and while you're at it take your bumpers and top off, it's how the Bronco was meant to be

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

I still have the cover that was on my 31 when i got the truck. It doesnt say ORD like Muddy's does, [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] but it does have a split down the middle.
I bought a cover for my 33", but now i keep my 35" in the back of the truck, so i dont need one.
If i have a tire on the carrier i like to keep it covered. Oterwise its just out there in the open just begging someone to take it when youre not looking. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Of course, you cant get covers for anything bigger than a 33" (unless you get one made), so it doesnt matter anymore anyway.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 10:57 PM

Count me as anudder guy it happened to

Exact scenario, top off, flyin' down the highway smilin'

Sixlitre

p.s./
If anyone finds a source with exact tan replicas of our bucking bronco, let me know. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yup-- First time I had the top off and I had only had the Bronco 'bout a week. Now I have a plain black one from Auto Zone.
Oh well--- Chris
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 04:30 AM
Mud in my Veins

if theft is a concern, you can build/buy a locking retainer that slides through the center hole and nobody is gonna go to that much trouble for a spare unless it's new and on a nice wheel (why would it be, though? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:17 PM

Let me know if you can't find one. Mine is like brand new, seriously. The black is still even all shiny, nice white buckn bronco and all four letters still attached. I've kept it in the garage all this time. I don't really want to part with it, but I doubt I will ever use it again, except as is, hanging in the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode