forgive ford owners 4 i will be sinning - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

forgive ford owners 4 i will be sinning

after going up to gray rock offroad park i realized that my bronco is just to nice to bash on the rocks like the jeeps do. so i started to look for a trailer rig (wanted a zuk) today i found a 78 cj (rust bucket) for 100.00 and will be getting it next weekend after some major work to it i will be bashing it on the rocks instead of the bronco (will still use it for mud and trail riding as well as hunting ). on the up side as most jeepers do i will be putting in ford drivetrain as money/parts come my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 01:52 PM

Re: forgive ford owners 4 i will be sinning

You don't want to beat your bronc down to the size of a jeep? I'd say that is conservation and preservation of the Bronco. Good luck with the jeep! great price, but I would of got the Zuk! Wheeled with a jeeper that swapped-in the 8.8.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Mud in my Veins

I wanted a Zuk for a long time but after driving the Bronco2 beater I do appreciate the v6 power, power steering, axles made of steel not tin foil, and very roomy interior compared to the Zuk. It actually flexes well for a stocker and when it gets a SAS it will be way past a Zuk with the same money into it. I still love the little Zookies but man this B2 has proven itself already, and we're putting 31" mudders on this weekend so look out! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

No matter what you get, we can all agree it's more fun to beat the crap out of something that doesn't have to get you to work on Monday! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:59 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
No matter what you get, we can all agree it's more fun to beat the crap out of something that doesn't have to get you to work on Monday

[/ QUOTE ] finnaly someone sees my point!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

well the bronco is not a daily driver i only use it to play/hunt in but with me being so limited on place to wheel around here (hunting land gets old ) it looks like i'm gonna have to drive 100+ mile for a place to ride
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:45 PM

Yeah man, im tired of beating the crap out of my truck on the rocks...so i bought a zuk for $300 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Now i can build up the zuk to trailer around, and then start to fix up my 'mistakes' that are littered all over my body panels [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:39 PM

Been checking out a BII in the local club. 4.0, 5 spd, solid 44 under the front and 9" rear, 33's, 6" lift and ARB's. It's got the gear but He admits that it is to nice too abuse on difficult trails. He hasn't joined us on any difficult trails. I think the key is small, light and inexpensive somewhat beater looking rig that your not afraid of using. I've been following your BII, the club guys and my next door neighbor. There are many of them on the road here in colorado. Goodluck with it and your closer to ford than a jeep!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Mud in my Veins

OH, I forgot the biggest difference between my B2 and a Sammi... this thing rides like a Caddy! I expected it to be a rattly bouncy mofo but man it soaks up everything off road, putting my truck to shame! I guess my shocks and susp bushings really have gotten bad if that's how a ttb truck is supposed to ride. I'm not wussy enough to let that be a determining factor of anything, but it's a nice feature [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I got to looking at the steering box on this thing and it's giant, then I realized it's the same box used on the big trucks up through the F350! I guess that's one part that I won't be carry spares for, though I do already have a spare one for the big Bronco... guess we now have 3 we can swap around [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

I haven't noticed any problems with the stock pump yet but it doesn't look like it'd be hard to retrofit a Saginaw unit on there now that the ac comp is gone [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 11:21 PM

I don't blame you at all. That is the very reason I bought a early bronco beater. I as well wanted a Zuk but it was just a little small on the inside and plus I've always wanted a early bronco.

Brian
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 01:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have commited an equally bad sin....

I still will race the Bronco, but this thing will actually keep up in the higher classes and the Bronco still needs a few dollars to be there. Plus the Bronco is still street legal and I just don't have the heart to take it off the street till the body is totally rotted out!!!

Sorry about the Dodge... I traded an Ak47 and accessories for it...no cash out of hand. My kinda deal. I think I came out ahead and the other guy thinks he did too! I lost a gun...he lost a Dodge...I guess he did come out ahead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode