Newbie in the forums - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 10:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Newbie in the forums

Greetings eveyone.

Been lurking around and reading some posts and thought I'd sign up. Recently bought a fully stock 91 Bronco XLT and have no idea where to start. I figured it would be better to talk to people who have the some of the gear I've read about then take the word of the manufacturer. So many ideas and no money. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hopefully all you experienced people won't get upset with what I'm sure is going to be alot of questions. Currently in Cape Cod where there is a shortage of 4x4 shops and no clubs. The few I have found are Jeep biased but from what I hear, Broncos get that alot. Moving to San Diego in about a years time and looking to build up the truck for the type of terrain out on the left coast. Looking forward to talking/bothering all of you and who knows maybe a trail ride in the future. Sorry for the long post just wanted to introduce myself. I'll save the questions I already have for a later post.
Happy Trails, Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:27 AM

Re: Newbie in the forums

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Welcome Chris.

Guess we'll await the Barage! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's ok.

See ya soon out west, where there's far more land to roam. At least for now.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:35 AM

Wow! Cape Cod to San Diego...there's a change! There are no shortage of 4x4 shops in SD, mostly geared to pre-running and custom fabrication.

Hope the move goes well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 03:32 AM

Welcome to the board Chris! This is by far the best source for FS Bronco info on the net. If there is a better one someone is holding back! [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] lol. There is alot you can do to improve offroad prowess and alot you can do in stock form without spending alot of cash. Check out everyone's Superford Site and use the search function often. The first thing to do before applying sawzall to metal is to figure out what you want to do in your rig. There are some things that help/hinder depending on what you want to do. So let us know what you want. Good luck with that move I'm in the midst of boxes myself but can't imagine trying to go coast to coast with them. Take it easy. NORM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome. Well the search button has already answered alot of my question. Now where to start?? LOL My wife is already worried and knows this will be an expensive hobbie. Oh well, who needs to eat right??? thanks again fellas. Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode