big thanks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

big thanks

My son and I saved some money yesterday. The tailgate window stopped working. I've seen a few posts about this and the malfunctions matched mine. I've replaced the gears in both front windows twice. The last time the drivers side quit working, I had to replace the motor. I never bothered to return the core and I'd almost thown it away more than once. My son thought the motor was just weak and wanted to run to the parts store right away. Since we could still hear the motor trying to spin, I told him to wait. When I got home, he had all the hard work done with the motor out but still attached. I pulled the cover off the gears and found the broken pieces in the grease. I cleaned out the debri and dropped in my gears from my old core motor. Being the nice guy that I am, I even helped him put it all back together even though he still did most of the work. Thanks again. PS: the '87 Bronco has 220,000 miles on it but it is on motor #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Bluebeast

Re: big thanks

congrats on a job well done and money saved.

JP

PS [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] alotta stuff can be done yourself and you can save alotta Money!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 04:32 PM

OMG! A new guy used the search fuction! Wooohooo! Yeeeow! Yeeehaw! Man we should give you a prize! And hey! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Welcome to the board! NORM [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Pooh-Bah

Good deal!
You found out what I did over 3 years ago, that there's a wealth of information on this site.
Welcome to Ford "modificationdom" world. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, How about a little information in your profile.
What part of the world are you from?
What do you do for fun in that world?
What sort of rig are you driving now?

BTW, '85 Bronco here, with 296,444 miles this morning.
I am on the 3rd engine, but the original C6 tranny is still shifting strong. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 01:08 AM

WD: "I am on the 3rd engine, but the original C6 tranny is still shifting strong. "

That tranny better at least be rebuilt, or ...I don't know what I'm going to do.... [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] or [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Gotta be rebuilt. but's thats a breeze being no puter involved!

"BTW, '85 Bronco here, with 296,444 miles this morning."

Congrats WD, that's a lot of miles. Original owner?

Let's see, at my current rate of yearly mileage I would be at your mileage in 2029.

Holy Cow, I would be 62 by then. A retar...retired geezer wheeler. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Pooh-Bah

<font color="blue">TheJuice</font color>:
The rig had just over 100,000 on it when I bought it.
Soooo, in 13? years, I've put real close to 200,000 on it. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tranny has had a few fluid/filter changes, and added a B&amp;M shift kit shortly after I bought it.
Not planning a rebuild.....till it starts slipping.
I will be doing another fluid/filter change this fall.

Gotta remember, with the wife's new rig, the Bronc' will sustain a lot less miles now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode