Body Lift Problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Body Lift Problems

Ok guys, I've hear people say that after a body lift with a susp. lift creates alot of excess body sway. Is this also true with just the body lift and no susp. lift?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 09:05 PM

Re: Body Lift Problems

Beats me, after riding around for a little over a year with both, (and......i dunno, 5-6 months without both sway bars) ive yet to experience it. Either that or im just used to it [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 11:17 PM

I know a guy with 8" of suspension lift and 3" of body lift and he can't tell the difference. The PITA of body lifts that I've heard is that they break. You also have to move everything up accordingly. The coolest thing about the body lift in my oppinion is the fact that you can raise your tank the same distance and not suffer any ill affects like having to move the filler hole, like I might have to do if I eventually lift my tank through the bed. I think for Mud trucks Body lift and suspension lift is a good combo. For off camber kinda stuff you want to concentrate on keeping the center of gravity as low as you can. I was debating doing the body lift for a long time before I decided I'd just go with the susp. lift and cut the fenders. I plan to do my cutting right before my next tire purchase. Probably the 36" TSL SX or the MTR and I'm leaning towards the MTR more. If I was a single passenger ( I have to keep my wife happy) I'd go with the boggers because I love the way they look and I think they would be awsome offroad. So It'll probably be the MTR's which is a good all around tire for everything and I wont have to go through the same hell I did for going with no muffler. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 11:20 AM

I seem to remember the cost of the lift had something to do with the decision........ [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 06:16 PM

I love having the extra 3" of clearance when working on stuff under the truck, but if i could do it all over again, i would just save and go for the susp. lift instead. You gotta move your bumpers, and modify the tranny linkage, and a couple other things.
I agree with Norm, if youre going on rocks, the body lift wont give you any ground clearance where you really need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode