Vent tubes - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Ram air/Snorkel

hey slicker, is says the album does not exist?!

well i want the boot to cover the entire end of the hub, so it needs to be easy to remove so i can lock in the hubs.

i just saw the tires today... they are 32x11.5-15 mud kings with about 1/3 tread... more than enough for this little truck [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

the rear fenders can't be cut very far before we run into the inner wheel housing so we might just cut the whole body off behind the front seats [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:43 PM

jsut cut otut eh inner wheelwell its easier, and you can take a old wash tub and hack it in half if you want to replace them with oens that fit better.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

I will give this image a try..... [image]http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=1178111[/image] full veiw. click the attachment if it doesn't work.

If you could find a gortex sox at the local sports store maybe?! I can seem to get my image to appear [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1178113-truck 002.jpg (69.3 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

32's are on! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

I cut the hell out of the front fenders, way up to the pinstriping and then I cut the front lower part up even with the headlight and rounded the corner a bit. On the back side of the front I cut back to the fender mount bolt and up to the top part in one big arc... it looks pretty good except the inner fender hangs kinda low and that is going to limit the tire stuff, but probably not with the 32's... it will with the 35's though. We ended up not cutting the rear at all because it's worse than I thought... the inner fender comes all the way down to the outer fender at the lip, so cutting even 1" would expose the inside of the truck and would require major cutting to make it worthwhile. We just beat the lip up and it looks like the tire will fit fine, but it'll probably hit that inner wheel housing on hard lands. I was just joking about cutting half the body off but now it looks like the only way to really get some flex room without lifting. We're just gonna wait till we find some EB axles then we'll put some suspension lift on to help fit the 35's, or probably 38's by the time we get around to doing that [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just FYI, I did this all with a 4" hand grinder with a fairly thin metal wheel... not ideal but it does work. It also gets the metal so hot that it glows and boils the paint off [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I chopped off about 2/3 of the inner plastic housings up front so the wiring harnesses don't fall into the tires but otherwise they aren't in the way at all. I'll get some pics up maybe tomorrow but more likely Monday, so stay tuned [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #25 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 11:50 PM

When is the rear top/windows going to be chopped...rollbar added? do that, stick da D44's under her, and put 36's on, and you should have a rockin rig. gutless (even with 4.88's) but rockin. Hmmm, need a 302 swap.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 07:06 AM

Show me a picture dammit. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #27 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Mud in my Veins

I dunno yet, after seeing how it's not really possible to cut out the rear fenders without getting into the interior space, we might just cut off the whole body behind the front seats and put a flatbed on there [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

So far I wouldn't call it gutless... spins the 32's nicely in low range [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] A V8 would be nice but that adds up when you consider all the misc pieces, so we might try to get some more top end out of the 2.8 with some air flow mods and maybe a cam change. There is actually a huge thread on rangerstation about this topic... somebody strapped a Yota blower onto it and is pushing like 300 horsies! [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] For crawlin, I don't think it will be an issue.. enough torque to get the job done with 35's [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

Norm, we're working on that, but it might be a little while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode