exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 12:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

exhaust

Hey i jus wanna see wat u guys have to say about the subhect because u all know so much . I have a 93' f-150 302 EFI and i jus got it dualed out cat-converter takin off and i put on 16 inch silver bullet bottle mufflers wit 2 1/4 pipe. but it dosent snap like it want it too and lots of guys have the same kinda set up in town and theres snaps loud. i was jus wanderin if u could help me if u know why it wont snap. it jus roars and no snapping. thanks a lot hape to hear from u soon,.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:01 AM

Re: exhaust

What the hell is this guy talking about? Snapping? Please don't tell my you slammed your truck or whatever they call it now. Observe the 4x4 theme please.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 11:27 AM
96XL

HUH? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Bluebeast

my exhaust sanpps but its because i have a nice leak in the exhaust manifold.if you wantr the snap break the manifold.

and no i do not refer the the snap as pleasing. i hate it i just havent fixed it yet
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Mud in my Veins

There's lots of Chebbies around here that have what I think you're talking about... more of a "cackle" or fast series of pops... loud as hell and makes the truck sound like it's misfiring [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have no idea how to do it on a FORD but usually a long straight pipe with a 24" glasspack in the middle will do the trick for those annoying Chebby boys [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 04:08 PM

Hmm, yea, I usually here that snapping or cracking or popping while eating cereal.

[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I only hear that out of those little rice burners with modified exhaust and 4 banger. The little squirrel motor creates little puffs of exhaust that pop either due to choice of muffler, and/or the huge exit pipe they use, which I think disrupts proper exhuast flow.

Don't know how you would achieve that out of a v8. It would certainly sound totally annoying.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Bluebeast

kinda like rice crispies!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TTTThhheir GGGGreat!!

oh wait thats frosted flakes and tony the tiger. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 05:50 PM

Ahhh. I understand what he's talking about now! That's what mufflers are there to prevent in the first place! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] To achieve your , er , results just go strait pipes all the way back. No cats or mufflers. It'll be pleanty snappy and attract local law enforcement as well. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya oviously u guys havent heard a really loud truck because u think flomaster is all great and loud . guys in my town wit that is the quiest trucks around. and yes i know the cops will be after me because its illegal but doesnt anyone have NON legal mufflers on thier truck like glasspacks. thats wat mine look like same thing stright threw design. and the sound is REALLY loud and its like a rapping really fast one after another. kinda like if u rap flowmasters but wen ur driving it does it continsualy realy fast.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 08:44 PM

the point is, we dont want that sound! it sounds stupid and is annoying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode