New guy introduction. 96 Bronco XLT Black - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

New guy introduction. 96 Bronco XLT Black

Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself here. Bronco is a new thing for me and I am looking foward to learn from you all. I posted a few things about my rig on my site below that would describe it better. Looking foward to some discussion. Regards,

John N.
My Site

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 01:28 AM

Re: New guy introduction. 96 Bronco XLT Black

Well, John, Welcome aboard!

Aren't you the busy little beaver, buying the Jeep, selling it..."It was the most confortable off-road vehicle I owned"

Wow, you need to drive the Bronco more...I owned my Wrangler 7 years, and one reason I got rid of it was I just could not stand the ride anymore.

You obviously have money to burn...but we won't hold that against you. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

too bad on the Shelby Rep. I'm sure you'll pick one up somewhere along the line.

Now, I do like that FJ40! How do you like the Swamper TSL SX's...36's??? That's a bias ply tire isn't it?
That thing is so clean...Is it seeing any offroad? Geez, Burned...you seeing these pics? I might have to forfeit my clean freak title! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hmmm, well, some more of your comments...you have a 302 and 35's, and you think you have torque? Wow, you need the Shelby! The FJ40 must have a 6 with a little torque, but not much power???? In other words, you must be power starved to think the 302 is ok with 3.55's and 35's. The sooner you drop the 4.56's in the better you will be. Night and day. While you're at it, I'm sure you know to drop the locker choices in too and save the cost of messing with gears twice.

You've got a great truck! Hope you enjoy it as much as we all enjoy ours! You will find links to many of our Superford Sites, if you are not already aware that this great site exists.

Use the Search LUKE (it's the Force here).

EDIT: almost forgot...you mentioned a 4" lift on the Bronc but no dropped arm...that's not good, but a better solution to buying a dropped arm is to search for "knuckle under" let us know if you have Q's after.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 05:31 AM

Damn that thing is clean, umm, I mean throw some dirt back there ya poser! JK [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It really looks nice. and welcome to da board G! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 05:49 PM

That's the first time I have EVER heard someone say that their Wrangler gave them a comfortable ride. You must have gotten lucky...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys. Don't want to take any "clean" title away from anyone here as it is more of a sacasm than anything else in the offroad community [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] All right, bring 'em on. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's the initiation welcoming ritual for the new guy! I have been in the offroad community here in Fl for the last 6 years and it always cracks me up when a guy relate toughness with dirt, mud, and scars on his rig. As I see it, it takes more effort and time to keep a rig clean than to get it dirty. After any offroading trip, the high-pressure car wash is the 1st place I hit before and I headed home and get the wife and neighbors all upset. Could it be that I am as anal as they are? Who gives a [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Juice, although my steering feels very solid right now turning these 35s, I do need a 4" drop pitman arm since the angle looks unatural. I need to do some research on the knuckle under solution. Also, those were the 36" Swamper TSL SX's bias ply. I love them....for offroad. They will find every cracks on the payment and steer you that way fast.

Have you guys driven the "Sahara" line of the Jeep TJ lately? Not the previous leaf sprung Wrangler XJ, CJ7 or CJ5. If not, you will be very surprised on the ride quality. Believe me, I am not a fan of Jeep but I will give it credit if it is due. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]

My 302 seems to provide the truck with more than enough power. But then I run around town with everything in the interior stripped off but the driver seat. What you see in the picture is what I ride around as. And I am sure the 351 or 460 will blow the roof of my truck in terms of torque. I drove my friends' 460 and 427 Cobra replicas before. Talking about peeing in your pants... Could it be that I have 410 gears in my truck already? Need to check.

Again, thanks all. Cheers. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 09:42 PM

Check the codes on the drivers side door. these are the open codes: 13= 4.11 14= 3.00 16= 3.50 18=3.08 19= 3.55
These are the codes for the Limited slips: H3= 4.11 H4= 3.00 H5= 4.10 H6=3.50 H8=3.08 H9= 3.55
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 02:59 AM

Gears...perhaps if you had the manual and 302. Otherwise, no way. To my knowledge it was just 3.55's.

"I have been in the offroad community here in Fl for the last 6 years and it always cracks me up when a guy relate toughness with dirt, mud, and scars on his rig. As I see it, it takes more effort and time to keep a rig clean than to get it dirty".

I agree.

I have owned 4WD's and been wheelin' since the mid 80's. It would be nice if one day I could own a wheelin' rig that was just for that purpose. But, since all my rigs have always been multipurpose, including on-road to work, keeping it clean, driveable, and well-maintained is needed. That does not mean that off-road scars are not acceptable. It's just that some seem to go out just to collect them. Every trail I try is one of attempting to finesse my way with no damage.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Thanks for the info. on the swampers.

Do a search on the steering. The knuckle under setup is one great, and easy mod. Instead of a dropped arm, which is not exactly 4" anyway, perhaps 3", swapping the tie rods over the knuckle nets you apx. 2.75" anyway. Steering geometry all better.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 03:15 AM
donehojo

Welcom to the world of Broncos. You can learn alot from these guys. I'm new to the Bronco too But man am I gettin in to it. I too don't mind getting my truck dirty out in the desert, but when it gets home it gets cleaned. Have fun. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode