1979 F-250 Ranger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Fal_Grunt

1979 F-250 Ranger

Ok, questions questions qeustions.First what are these worth. It's red, nice body (only 2 or 3 little spots of rust) nice interior, cd player, tacometer in addition to normal stuff. Has a 460 CID in it, Rancho RS5000 front shocks (plow truck) Has a locker box in back, comes with 33" ? tires. The only question is the underbody has quite a bit of rust. Ummmm other than that I don't have any other details. Comes with plow/mounts+brackets(not that I want them). So what is it worth basicaly? I really really like it, and im going to TRY (key word try) to talk my parents into letting me sell my car (95 buick) and buy this. In case your wondering what I off road with (obviously not my car) it's my dads stock 92 cherokee which I love love love but this truck is just to much. I really want it. thanks a ton -myers [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 01:40 AM

Re: 1979 F-250 Ranger

Well, hard to say.

It's 4WD I assume. How many miles on the motor? Is that the original motor in there (maybe rebuilt)? How does it drive? Does the 4WD actually work? How bad is the rust...eating through body panels...eating through the frame? Shocks good? Tires good? What axles? Lockers or anything good there? Starts good, runs good?

If the truck is all good above, maybe $1200? this is an old truck, with rust, so unless I'm missing something, be careful what you pay for it. Rust is a killer, once you have it, well....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Fal_Grunt

It's in running condition, I don't know how many miles, I havn't been able to look at that. Yes 4x4, yes works (assumeing everything is listed) the rust is only on the frame?(not majorily mechanicly inclined) I could flake rust off, course I could just be massively stupid. It's in great shape. I'll eventualy find out miles, running condition etc. Im going to have my brother check it out and let me know what he thinks. I know it's massively vague but im just learning. Anyway Im going to check it out more cause I really really like this truck. The guy wants $4800 for it...... so I will find more info about it. Thanks so far for the info. -myers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Mud in my Veins

4800 dollars?!? [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] that thing better be in showroom condition for that kind of loot! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 02:32 AM

Yea, FalGRunt, be careful here. That is too much $$. We understand you're just learning. you say you can PEEL the rust off the frame...well rust on body panels bubbles through the thin sheetmetal, but if you can peel rust, not just mud or paint flakes or something, off the frame, then you have me worried for sure.

Let's put it this way, if the rust is bad enough, and depending on where you live, it will only get worse. so sooner or later you will be shopping for a frame and/or body to put your engine, axles under. And you don't really even know at this point if those are worth anything.

I used to be an auto broker. you are thinking with your heart, and you like this truck and that's it. That makes you a sucker if you're not careful.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Fal_Grunt

Thanks for all the help guys, [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] it always seems like my dreams are chrushed. Anyway my brother will let me know what he thinks about it. I know I will bring down the guys price no matter what. Anyway I havn't looked at the engine yet, miles etc. Thanks for the help so far. I'll let you guys know more info. -myers
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 05:28 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it always seems like my dreams are chrushed

[/ QUOTE ] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Dude. There are so many fullsizes out there that you can pick up for less than 1200 that it's not even funny. If it already has dings and rust at a lower price it doesn't sting as much and it's much easier to get out the sawzall and have fun with it. Spend some time reading here and checking out the topics. 78/79 were great years for Broncos BTW. They also have a tighter wheelbase so you don't have to become a skyjacker just to clear your center. Of course lots of cool custom stuff can be done with that F250 but I doubt for that price that you will be wanting to remove the bed and manually reduce the wheelbase. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Good luck in your search man. Keep lookin'. That guy wants way too much.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 05:43 PM

I don't think I'd pay $4800 for two of those trucks... [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode