right axel how to get it out - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 08:59 PM
grasshopper

right axel how to get it out

i can't get the right axel out ,any helpful tips anyone can give me to get them out any help would be great thanks, [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] victor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:04 PM

Re: right axel how to get it out

Which axle? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Im assuming you are referring to the front axle? If so, there is a retaining clip that you need to remove to get it out.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:18 PM
grasshopper

how do you get the clip out,and where is it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Bluebeast

its inside the diff not sure on exacts

JP
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 11:45 PM

That's right, it is inside the diff. If you have never put a locker in or messed with the front diff, it will have a C-clip retainer for the passenger side front axle shaft. Unfortunately, the only removal option is to unbolt the diff/TTB. If you do this, I stongly recommend you NOT reinstall the c-clip and look to old posts concerning the spring in the slipshaft. I had a nice writeup, and then Superford accidently wiped that out.

I am still awaiting there apology Superford stickers. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did the spring in both my 89 and my 87 that I am working on now...much easier.

Juice, I am still waiting for my stickers from when I became a payimg member too!! [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 12:40 PM

Thanks for reminding me.

I am going to send "Eric" a nice little reminder. if someone promises they are going to get you something, geez, at least follow through and make good.

I want my DA*$ Sticker!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim, I'm not seeing your Avatar pic...it just shows a red X

Hey, know where my avatar came from? look close, thats the top of Canopener, and you can see Alvey standing in the background.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 06:04 PM

(Read thinking with Mr. Miagis voice from the Karate Kid) Grasshoppah, Youuu must pull the pumpkin to access said clip. Removeth thoust bolts from da front of da TTB. Den you must removeth the pumpkin with care. Make sureth to haveth one hand uponeth said pumpkin when removething da last bolt or said pumpkin can splateth on hard garageth floor damaging da ringeth gear or verry surprised falanges. Der is a chance that it will not fall out and be stuck wit da silicon dat it was installeth with. Gently pull down on the pinion and you shouldeth be rewardeth with a nice bath of gear oil. You then need to get rags and wax on and off da garageth floor. Oh I forget! Place oil pan unda da pumkin first! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If you like Big Norm. You still get oil all ova' da place! haha I make joke! Anyways. You will now haveth da prise pumkin in your oily hands and now be able to access and remove the bothersome clip and remove bothersome slip yoke! Instead of clip in future use valve spring in slip yoke. this spring must be 1 1/4" long or you may receive bad bam bam vibes in you future! Big Norm got his from trash can at local auto machine shop. This concludes lesson Grasshoppa! Bonzaiiiii! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 05:57 AM
grasshopper

I found a easy way to get the axle out ,you don't have to take the front apart .the right side the axle is in 2 sections with a rubber boot over were they connect,take the little clamps off slide the rubber boot to the drivers side of shaft ,once you get the boot slid away the axle comes right out,no hassels [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 09:21 AM

We thought you wanted the whole slip shaft assy out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode