new fenders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

new fenders

i need to put on new fenders onto my bronco, and i want to get the panels first then take them to a shop to have them put on, so i dont get ripped off on prices..but where are good places for quality panels and just out of curiosity, how are they put on. i have an 86 bronco xlt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 11:20 PM

Re: new fenders

Try Tom's Bronco Parts or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Pretty good replacements for OEM stuff. Or if you wanna go all out, try Autofab for some fibergalss fenders.

My SuperFord Site
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 10:06 AM

Why don't you just get some from the wrecking yard? Oh. You are in NY. Salt. I forgot. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Check out some yards online. Maybe they can cut you a deal. Then of course I have some laying around. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] What are you willing to spend? I'll bet that the things aren't cheap to ship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 12:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, how much is does it normally cost to get new fenders put on.. like the installation price only
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 01:52 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
well, how much is does it normally cost to get new fenders put on..

[/ QUOTE ] You're kidding right? You go to the garage or spot you have chosen to work on your truck. and remove the old quarter pannel. You then take the new one and put it on where the old one came off. If you have the tools. It shouldn't be too bad. If you don't it's time to start checking out your local pawn shops unless you are independantly wealthy and can afford a whole set of craftsman or Snap On tools. The good thing about Snap on is they have trucks and can drop the whole treasure horde off at your house! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I hate to sound condesending, especially to someone new to the board. But c'mon guy. You won't be a man if you take it to a shop. lol. Unless of course it's someone elses liability. If that's the case grab your neck and say ouch alot and get a whole new paint job with that fender! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 10:36 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You won't be a man if you take it to a shop. lol. Unless of course it's someone elses liability. If that's the case grab your neck and say ouch alot and get a whole new paint job with that fender!

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL...You're killing me Norm [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 02:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alright, i was just thinking in the sense of jsut getting newe fenders, not whole new quarter panels..but thanks for the help
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 03:17 PM

I'm painting a new passenger's fender and tailgate right now

I got both of them brand new at Canadian Tire for @ $100 CDN and $368 respectively. While I was hunting on the net I noticed that America isn't exactly hurting for competative aftermarket suppliers either, so do a search and crack open the wallet.

Sixlitre
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 05:22 PM

Are you talking about the plastic thingies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode