Door inserts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 08:07 PM
BroncoJoe

Door inserts?

I know all of you big bronco owners like myself see the neat stuff out for our ancestors (66-77) have out. Well, I live at the beach and put a soft top on. By the way anyone need a good hard top? I love the versatility of the top. I now want to do the same with the doors. The early models have door inserts that you can then attach soft doors to. I want to know if there is something similar out there for late models or
Am I going to have to make the inserts and doors for myself [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]? [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 08:42 PM

Re: Door inserts?

I don't think anyone makes soft doors for our application so you would have to do it custom. Half doors our pretty popular but those also require custom sawzall work. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Juggernaut87

Nope, theres no inserts like the early broncos have but if you check burned's superford page he made one half door on the drivers side it looks awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 03:47 PM

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 06:14 PM

How bout like dis?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1162659-airbronc2.jpg (6.9 KB, 37 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 06:15 PM

another shot Old 84. I rolled it, the doors are gone. I removed the window and all internals, cut the doors out, had tin bent to cover/connect the inner and outer door ($10), took the door to the upolstry shop and had them make snap on skins ($150). I cut the handles in half and reused them and there was a lever you cold push from inside to get out. I remounted the mirrors just in front of the doors and extedned them, so when removed doors you still had mirrors. AC and heat worked and they kept most weather out, a little water came in. AC heat was ineffective with full soft top and doors. Zip open windows, snap whole skin off, lighter and easier to remove doors. Chicks dug them. They were labor intensive (chicks and doors). I hope to have the time to make some again. I've also thought of bending some solid steel but I think that would be more work and wouldn't look as good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1162660-saguarobro2.jpg (14.5 KB, 38 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 10:53 AM
BroncoJoe

YEAH!!! I love it!
Good looking Bronco BurnedBronco.
I also like what you did to yours Blown.
I am actaully looking for somewhat of a cross between Both of your designs. I hvae taken a weeks worth of leave, so I can do some much needed work. We will just have to see how for a week and a small budget can get me. Have wrenches and will turn. Have torch am going to cut. Have welder will weld back. We will just have to see. Thanks for the pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode